Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

The Disappearance of the Universe

Post by Geoff »

By Gary R Renard - Hay House

"The Disappearance of the Universe." A popular book by all accounts. For those that have not read it, it purports to be a communication with the author by two materialised spirits. Now that's not a common thing, and given that he tells us he was able to tape record their sessions, it hardly falls in to area of channeling. I have only once before come across an author who claimed the same, and that was many years ago, Robert James Lees, who wrote three books of the story told by Aphraar, returned from the dead to put the record straight. Fabulous books, full of Truth.

So, I must say I was very open to this book. Added to that, these two folks, Arten and Pursah, claim to have been Jesus' disciples, but are now promoting ACIM as the way the truth and the life. Seems like when they had Jesus in the flesh, he was not clear enough for them?

So where did I start to think that these two materialised folks are seriously deluded?

Well I worried seriously about the reason they gave for Judas's betrayal. See I personally have interacted with Judas, and have 150 unpublished channeled messages from him. Added to that Jesus has also commented on why Judas betrayed him, and it certainly was not because he was drunk and wanted a woman.

Then you get the reincarnation thing. Of course they do say its an illusion, but only in terms of time. They claim to have had quite a few lives after their episode with Jesus. Again that's a serious worry for me, because I have plenty of messages from folks that progressed all the way to becoming a Christ spirit without the need for a second mortal life, once they actually got a chance to hear what Jesus really taught.

Actually this reincarnation thing is always a red flag to me. Any time a spirit supports that concept, I do a double take, and try to figure out what level they have progressed to. I have not found a single fused spirit that teaches reincarnation. But Arten and Pursah claim to be Christ spirits.

So I did the only thing I can do, when faced with conflicting stuff. I ask my Indwelling Spirit. Well He says they are not fused, and not Christ Spirits. So then I asked George to channel something. And he gets that mortals are not allowed to materialise like this for this sort of purpose, only midwayers. That helps a bit, but of course I do know that mortals have materialised, because there is Aphraar, so its hard again.

And what is the premise of this book? That we live in a total illusion, and that this illusion is created by ourselves, and not God. That it pretty much has no value. The value lies in recognising that none of you exist, only me. (So I won't exist for those of you reading this!) Along the way they suddenly give Gary permission to use physical violence to protect his illusionary body. Something I know personally Jesus does not accept ever. How come they try to teach this is all an illusion, and that it does not matter what you do, because its not real, and then they teach we must offer unconditional love to all (forgiveness). But why if its all an illusion and what we do does not matter? But of course it does matter, and forgiveness is right. But the illusion bit is pretty much a delusion, as far as I can see. This world may be unreal at an eternal level, but it exists to teach us, so its good enough for that purpose.

It has some good bits I can identify with, but I do think that they have way oversold any value that may lie in viewing this world as an illusion. It certainly exists, and if they believe in reincarnation, as these two do, then they are immediately accepting karma and lessons as the purpose. Seems odd an illusion has purpose?

No, to me this world was created, and we have now participated in that creation, and our efforts are not admirable, by and large. But when I find two celestials teaching the grand illusion, reincarnation, I then cry out to the heavens. For our sake, give us teachers who actually understand some Truth. And I will go back and read ACIM again, because I thought it was way better than the impression left on me by this book.

The book finally blew it for me when they asserted ALL of the disciples had reincarnated 20 times before they progressed. Now I know for SURE that Judas did not, and all of the disciples channeled by James Padgett (Which is a lot of them Paul, John, James, Luke, MM etc) do not support the notion of reincarnation, and ALL claim to be Christ Spirits. Nuff said?

Take care,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Good morning Geoff,

i have this book and i did not finish it...too many things that left me scratchin my head, kinda like dogma does...

this world being an illusion...from what i understand from other sources such as Eckhardt, is that the physical/material world is not what is truely important, it is what is inside of us or our spirituality that is our reality...earth, urantia, is just a 'pit stop' along the way...it is not our True reality.

our True reality is that we are Spirit first...bodies second.

this is my 'take' on illusion... :wink:

(((Hugs)))
anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear {{{{{Anne}}}}},

I totally agree. When they tell Gary that he should view the world as consisting of himself only, because no one else exists, that was way too much for me.

love,
Geoff.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Hi Geoff & family,

i wrote:
the physical/material world is not what is truely important
i probably should not say that it is not important....we have many lessons to learn here... :wink:

(((Hugs)))
anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

blue nova wrote:Hi Geoff & family,

i wrote:
the physical/material world is not what is truely important
i probably should not say that it is not important....we have many lessons to learn here... :wink:

(((Hugs)))
anne
Well those two "celestials" actually said that it does not matter what you do here. Then later they gave Gary "permission" to use violence to defend himself. Too weird.

love,
Geoff.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Well those two "celestials" actually said that it does not matter what you do here. Then later they gave Gary "permission" to use violence to defend himself. Too weird.
:shock: violence eh ? oh my....i guess it is just as well that i did not finish it......

i think, that just maybe...he should've practiced his chanelling a bit better before he wrote this book... :(
it seems to me that many of Gary's thoughts and opinions made it into the celestials' messages...

(((hugs)))
anne

...this was one of the first books that i read at the beginning of my 'awakening'...it did help me open up to the idea that we have guides and another 'world out there' that i had forgotten about :( .....so it did help me in that area... :D
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Geoff,
I love your writing style.....commentary....I've been reading what you've had to say and it shows how much 'stuff' is out there....totally false....stuff which people buy....ACIM is amazing and does feel right when you read any part of it...
Love lilly xxxx
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
lilaslight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by lilaslight »

i have this book and i did not finish it...too many things that left me scratchin my head, kinda like dogma does...
Like you, Blue Nova, I also bought this book and was unable to get into it and although it is not like me to give up, I could not finish it either. It just did not ring true. Now that is not a very concrete or clear criticism of the material but it was my experience. I was very open at the time I attempted to read it towards both channeling and materialized spirits as well as reincarnation even and voraciously reading everything I could on such subjects but this book did not do it for me and I soon put it aside. Thought I should maybe try again one day but in light of your assessment, Geoff, maybe not, maybe not.
Tonyamendola
New Friend

Post by Tonyamendola »

Hi
I hope you dont mind my posting on this subject so late in the day.
I actually did a search for "Dissapearance of the Universe" False teaching and this caught my eye because and dont laugh but a friend had kept mentioning 11:11

So rather than bore you with a great big long story
I expereinced God although my first choice in name is LOVE in 2003.
About a year later I was gifted ACIM and in it is written what I expereinced Directly.

I have had serious questions about DU and also others teachings on ACIM which I see as false and misleading

So it was just nice to see I am not the only one that sees ACIM as a true guide but that many if not all the books attempting to "explain" it are nonsense.

IMHO ACIM is written the way it is so that we communicate with Holy Spirit or True Self and have the Expereinces
For someone to claim they can explain what ACIM is teaching is rather insane .

Having Expereinced what ACIM speaks of I still cannot explain it myself

Anyway

Thank you :D
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Tonyamendola wrote:So rather than bore you with a great big long story
I expereinced God although my first choice in name is LOVE in 2003.
About a year later I was gifted ACIM and in it is written what I expereinced Directly.
Dear Tony,

Welcome.

Its never a bore to hear how folks have actually experienced Father's Love. I really loved ACIM, but as I have many times said, I loved the Urtext more. That was the unedited original, that they tried so hard to wipe from the face of the earth.

love,
Geoff.
Tonyamendola
New Friend

Post by Tonyamendola »

Hi Geoff

If its ok to post a link to my website - its only 5 pages its gives an idea of what i expereinced and my thoughts - I only put it together this week so its no frills

I agree about the Urtext

I can always post the Experince I had here but its quite a long post so will await your ok before indulging myself
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Tonya,

If this is about finding God, and experiencing Him, please post it. Probably not in this forum though. Maybe Miscellaneous, although I personally would value it more than that, but we are not really structured to classify that sort of experience correctly on this site.

love,
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoff on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyamendola
New Friend

Post by Tonyamendola »

No Problem

I will post in Misc :)

Many thanks
Motherhealer
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

I read The Disappearance book in 2006 and loved it

Post by Motherhealer »

I read this in 2006, and I loved this book, it was one of the most instrumental in getting me kick started on my Spiritual Journey.

I began to see that there were ways to think outside the box. The box was created by me, this life is an illusion. Our human philosphy is to limit ourselves. There is no limits to our existance.

My dream state is more real than this existance. I recommended it to a friend, and then he began to evolve at a much faster rate also.

Then I read Dolores Cannon's 'The Convoluted Universe Book III" and loved that one too. Her book allowed me to see the possibilities of our energies and actions in this simultaneous existance along w/other ppl and our effects on each other w/positive results. Our time is excellerating, and we must begin to live in the now.

All these books lead us to : LOVE, COMPASSION, ELIMINATING EGO, SURRENDER, SUPPORT FOR ONE ANOTHER, LENDING A HAND, LIVING IN THE MOMENT, THE MOMENT IS ONLY NOW, BEING HERE IN THE NOW.....and basically just to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Tams
Change is good...you go first ---Guide me & heal me...so that I may be of greater service to others---Feel the Fear...& do it anyway!
brianm
Family

Re: The Disappearance of the Universe

Post by brianm »

Well.......
I have not read this book, but I do know of Geoff's reliability (born of much fact gathering, sifting and digesting) so I'm going from that.

It sounds like this book trips and stumbles all over itself..... a confused, misguided author, confusing and misguiding others with untruths and a seriously deluded imagination.
From what Geoff and Blue Nova have written, it seems that the author has neglected to do much in the way of thinking through his (not much, if anything, from his "Celestials") messages.
Oh, my.........
In short, I'll give it a pass. Thanks, George and Blue Nova, for your time-saving input here. :thumright:

Hi, Motherhealer...

It's great that you got the "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE" part out of this book, but it sounds like the author's "facts" :? should be totally ignored though.

I must add :
It really angers me when an author writes from a position of authority and misguides people especially in the area of things Metaphysical where there are so many question marks anyway, when it's done for monetary gain or notoriety. Possibly, in this author's case, he truly believes in what he is writing and wants to enlighten others, but when his information is full of holes, he should certainly plug them up before taking his manuscript to the publisher.
Anyhow, it would seem that he wants to make some money from people who are unsure and looking for info and guidance or he is ignorant of the true facts concerning the topics and is simply too lazy to think it through and get it right. Either way, he's not getting my time.

Cheers, Brian.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I see someone else thinks its rubbish:

http://www.circleofa.org/articles/Entities.php

love,
Geoff
Shabti
New Friend

Post by Shabti »

Geoff -

You say you mistrust these beings and their lessons because they "teach reincarnation". When you use this phrase, do you mean:
  • That reincarnation does not occur, and therefore should not be taught about, or

That they should be espousing spiritual ascension to the exclusion of reincarnation?
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Shabti wrote:Geoff -

You say you mistrust these beings and their lessons because they "teach reincarnation". When you use this phrase, do you mean:
  • That reincarnation does not occur, and therefore should not be taught about, or

That they should be espousing spiritual ascension to the exclusion of reincarnation?
Dear Shabti,

Both I guess. Folks who focus on reincarnation do not learn anything about the Mansion Worlds, and that leaves them as unprepared for that life as someone who was not in the least bit spiritual, and never gave anything a moments thought. Equally, while Avatars can come down here as advanced beings, that is not reincarnation, but you do hear such folks using those words. Sai Baba comes to mind. However the theory of reincarnation stresses karma, and that is both correct, and important to know. Christianity teaches that Jesus will wash away your karma, and that is both dangerous and false, even though the Bible is clear that we will pay for our sins to the last farthing.

love,
Geoff.