Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

30 Years among the Dead

Post by Geoff »

30 Years among the Dead.
Dr Carl Wickland.

There is no finer explanation of possession, obsession, spirit attachment and the existence of so called "devils" than this book. At one level it may seem repetitive, as spirit after spirit is introduced, insisting they are not dead, insisting perhaps that they have been reincarnated, or are simply trying to live as best they can. But at another level, this book is a wealth of information about the phenomenon often referred to as earthbound spirits. One can learn here how it is that some people can tear their hair out, bite themselves, and even commit murder or suicide. One learns of the vast number of people who pass over into almost total spiritual darkness, and are attracted to the only spiritual light they can see - other living mortals with a little more soul development. Originally published in 1924, and now out of print. If every Christian pastor read this book, not only would millions of folk be spared their arrival in the lowest of the spheres, but they would recognise that they are dead. And avoid obsessing others. How ironical is it that the very devils these pastors warn about are most often their very own spiritually blind followers? It is a very big book, some 350 pages of A4, and thus a large pdf.

I have now written a precis online - 30 Years among the Dead

If you want the pdf -
give it a lot of time to download. Then save it locally on your computer.
Last edited by Geoff on Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Patto
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Patto »

Thanks Geoff, Always wanted to give this a read.

-Pat
Ochre
New Friend

Re: 30 Years among the Dead

Post by Ochre »

[quote="Geoff"]30 Years among the Dead.
Dr Carl Wickland.

"If every Christian pastor read this book, not only would millions of folk be spared their arrival in the lowest of the spheres, but they would recognise that they are dead. And avoid obsessing others. How ironical is it that the very devils these pastors warn about are most often their very own spiritually blind followers?"

Geoff, can you please explain this remark in greater detail? What on earth do you mean?
SpiritSeeker
New Friend

Re: 30 Years among the Dead

Post by SpiritSeeker »

Ochre wrote:
Geoff wrote:30 Years among the Dead.
Dr Carl Wickland.

"If every Christian pastor read this book, not only would millions of folk be spared their arrival in the lowest of the spheres, but they would recognise that they are dead. And avoid obsessing others. How ironical is it that the very devils these pastors warn about are most often their very own spiritually blind followers?"
Geoff, can you please explain this remark in greater detail? What on earth do you mean?
I'll explain. I haven't read this particular book yet, but I have read many others which refer to "earthbound spirits," or what most of us think of as ghosts.

Most Earthbounds are the souls of people that were once incarnate, like you and me. However, they find themselves "trapped" in the lower spiritual realms after death. This is usually because of one of the following reasons: 1) death was a traumatic or abrupt experience, thus causing them to be stuck, because they are unaware of their crossing over; 2) they were so stuck in their belief system during life, that they are unwilling or unable to accept the true reality of the spirit realm beyond.

I'm assuming that Geoff is referring to the second group, because this would include people who refuse to let go of the often inaccurate representations of death given to us by traditional religious organizations. Such people may even need "help" in order to see the light and thus progress into the next spiritual plane.

Does this help?
Raphael
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Well I don't know about Ochre, but I think it was an excellent explanation myself.
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Raphael,

I thought it was a great explanation too.
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Lady Phoenix 111
Old Friend

Post by Lady Phoenix 111 »

Dear Ochre:

First of all, welcome Ochre.

If you don't mind, I like to share my opinion in a crude kind of way regarding your question about Geoff’s comment:
How ironical is it that the very devils these pastors warn about are most often their very own spiritually blind followers?
If we don't love and accept God during time we are among the living, we may become Earthbound Souls. An Earthbound soul may obsess (or posses) the living--the ones they knew when they were alive (such as friends, family, etc)--in order to see or be near the light (their refusal to accept and believe is what holds them back). And, when they obsess the living then they manifest their own previous negative thoughts, behavior or even physical pain within the living they obsess. Sometimes the manifestation of such behaviors are marked as the work of the devils that the preachers talk to us about.

It can be a vicious cycle, really! If you read this portion: http://www.new-birth.net/misc/misc15.htm where Dr Carl Wickland is having a conversation with an Earthbound Spirit who has obsessed a friend of hers for years, I think you will understand better than my explanation.

That is my take/interpretation of Geoff's comment but then again I could be wrong! :?

Love,
LP111-Manaz
Last edited by Lady Phoenix 111 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lady Phoenix 111
Old Friend

I have been too obsessed about reading everything I could get my eyes on and I just realized that the postings I replyed to were from two years ago!!!???? Silly me. Sorry guys. :oops:
Last edited by Lady Phoenix 111 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritSeeker
New Friend

Earthbound

Post by SpiritSeeker »

LP, very well said.
Raphael
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for that. I must have missed that post a few years back. Yeah a significant number of earthbounds don't know they are dead, because they believe they should be asleep after death, and since they aren't, they recon they can't be dead, but for some reason when they then see "Aunt Agatha" they get panic stricken, because THEY are dead, and they have been told to avoid dead folks. So they run away from those that seek to help them. There is truly not enough logic in that to convince me, but these folks are so into believing the dead sleep, they can't get over it.

love,
Geoff.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Geoff,

I'm going to download that book. I have a problem with the UB explanation as opposed to the reality of earth-bound spirits. If all those that pass over find themselves on mansonia 1, then why all this paranormal activity? I'm looking forward to reading that book. Thanks for making it available.

Paul
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Lady Phoenix,
Have you checked out the archives here? I spent months researching and learning there. Many gnawing questions were answered and my heart up-lifted.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Geoff,
Thanks for posting this link. I'm not sure why I ventured into this arena but have had many questions about protecting my daughter who seems to be one of those beacons of light. She has had only one scary experience. I'm positive my Mom is one of her guides and would protect her like a mother bear if need be. Can you recommend something specificially I could read in this regard since she is young? Or give me some other insights to chew on?

Thanks,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Kim,

If she is young, I would not recommend this particular book. And I would not recommend a book that you have not read first. Take a look at this page, there are many on PDFs there, and I think the SpirtWorld one would be good, if you think she can handle the idea there may be aliens, but also the idea that these books are not 100%.

Fav books

Ah I think I miusunderstood you. But still I think the SpiritWorld book will do you very well.

love,
Geoff.
Lady Phoenix 111
Old Friend

Dear Kim: Thanks you for ur recommendation. I agree, there is a lot here and I my apt is filled with new books.I'll be busy for a long time! Thanks again.
Love,
LP111
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Geoff,
I'll check it out. So much out there that contradicts, it's hard to decide what's true and what's not. She's thirteen but I would always read it first.

Thanks again,
Kim

Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

Dear Kim, yeah, there really is soo much out there that contradicts.., soo much, I give up already, haha.., and I think part of the reason for that is that we are all soo different from different ways of thinking, that the mystery of it all being left to figure it out is the best part.. haha, if that makes sense.. :)

Love and peace,
gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi, Gai!
It does make sense. I think even the misinformation is all part of the breadcrumb trail leading to the truth. Every novel idea helps open my mind and heart a little further to different possibilities. Eventually I outgrow that concept, set it aside and am ready to embrace a new truth.

Haven't been on-line for awhile how is Petra's adventure going?

Love, Peace, and Courage
Kim

Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

Eventually I outgrow that concept, set it aside and am ready to embrace a new truth.
Yeah, me too.., always learning, uh? haha!! :)

And I don't know how Petra is doing rightnow, haven't heard from her.., I hope and pray all is well...

Love and peace,
Gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Sorry about the capitals, but i LOVE this book! I ordered it online, but was so impatient for it to arrive that i read the whole thing on the internet before it got here :lol: Now i'm reading it for the fourth time. It is absolutely wonderful, can't recommend enough.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Star,

So good to see you around the board again. And good to see you so happy too. Glad you liked the book.

love,
Geoff
lilly

Post by lilly »

Dear Geoff,
Thankyou so much for this book. I love it. The way it's written is easy to understand. Love lilly xxx :D
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi all

Now Geoff I hope you get this post, as I am more confused than ever.

Star had a thread locked because she discussed earthbound sprits, I understand the discussion was quite harsh but I thought OK this is not what the board is about.

I do not challenge many things Geoff, but as you know I work as a healer and a reader. I started to wonder who were the beings I would hear during readings or smell even see at times when they allowed.

I stopped myself from exploring this part of my life and my grandmother's, her daugthers and now great grandaugther's lives. Most of us Gypsy's have it, but my views started to change as I read then re-read the 11:11 concept and how discussions of earthbound sprits was off the agenda, in otherwords tabou.

So, now I am confused, I know what I see, hear and feel however my purpose here is to heal, work hard in God's love and heal to become the lightworker I aspire to become.

So, where does it go from here, can I still work with them, show them the light and ask they be given to God in love?

Geoff I am not crazy, I know what I see but it seems this thread is the total opposite of what 11:11 family is about. I am confused, not about them, they have been with my family for generations but I am confused about your openess to this thread. I ask with love in my heart but confusion in my mind. I am so happy this thread found me.

Much love Gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Gypsie,

If you want to discuss these things please do it here : geoffs board

You will see a special forum for that discussion. As it happens, we have had quite a lot of recent communications also on that board about the afterlife, and we have even heard from Dr Irene Hickman, which had me very excited.

love,
Geoff.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

WONDERFUL :lol:

I thought I was going a bit crazy with that subject because I love the work here as in healing I decided this site was more valuable than our visitors.

I will go there :D

Big Hugs Gypsie

PS: remember don't pay those terrible car park fees you can leave it here, outside my place looks like a carpark :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love is an action and not a word...