Anyone have an idea.

Discussions of spiritual books
globird
New Friend

Anyone have an idea.

Post by globird »

I forgot who put the link up to this ebook but it's called Spiritworld.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue to what a passage from the book means.
"Your thought brings yoiu the truth that appeals to you, but it is the truth just the same. Heaven is an unlimited space and there is room for many ideals. But you will be happier if you hold fast to the truth that appeals to you, for it is the truth. Never doubt that. Many here express truth pictorially or symbolically, but the real truth is the word that describes the life without embellishment or picture. The book you speak of will attract a certain type of mind, yet other minds would be repelled by such a discription. Each in his own way" (pg88)
Is this talking about the Bible in anyway because the only book I know that is called the Word is the Bible. Does this just mean that the law of attraction brings whatever truth you are open to accept? And that is the truth to you? I'm a little confused, then what if it may not be the whole truth?
MichelleP
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by MichelleP »

For my interpretation I think they are saying that there really isn't a truth that is the absolute truth meaning truth is whatever you make it out to be. Essentially if you believe it to be true then your life will reflect those truths. Though in the next sentence they state The Real Truth which would actually negate the first statement. As for the book this passage sounds like it is referencing something someone else said previously and unless I know what they said then I wouldn't be able to guess what book the author of this passage is talking about. In any event that is how I would interprete the passage. Not sure if it is right though.

Love,
Michelle
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Dear Globird... no book will ever reveal the "whole" truth.... :)

The "word" is not the bible... i think it is refering to all revelation, like it says, whatever appeals to you is the "truth".....

I like this saying: "All those that seek knowledge [the truth] are in God's path till he returns... [to him]"

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
sinner
Family

Post by sinner »

Hi globird, i haven't read spiritworld. But from that short excerpt. I think the person is talking about heaven. And what your perfect heaven would be. I think he/she is just letting the reader know that nobody or no book can tell you what heaven will be like for you.
I hope mine has a big lake full of fish. And a big tree near the water's edge to sit under while i await a bite.
I'll release all the fish i catch of course. :D
Hatta
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

My take on that excerpt

Post by Hatta »

is that perception is reality. The way you perceive something, someone or an action becomes your reality.

That's why we are advised against judging. On the surface things can appear a lot different than they really are.
Surrender
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Anyone have an idea.

Post by Geoff »

globird wrote:I forgot who put the link up to this ebook but it's called Spiritworld.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue to what a passage from the book means.
"Your thought brings yoiu the truth that appeals to you, but it is the truth just the same. Heaven is an unlimited space and there is room for many ideals. But you will be happier if you hold fast to the truth that appeals to you, for it is the truth. Never doubt that. Many here express truth pictorially or symbolically, but the real truth is the word that describes the life without embellishment or picture. The book you speak of will attract a certain type of mind, yet other minds would be repelled by such a discription. Each in his own way" (pg88)
Is this talking about the Bible in anyway because the only book I know that is called the Word is the Bible. Does this just mean that the law of attraction brings whatever truth you are open to accept? And that is the truth to you? I'm a little confused, then what if it may not be the whole truth?
You need to realise that the Spirits Book was not written by advanced entities. And as such, they observe that the lower spheres are full of folks with different beliefs and opinions, so that leads them to conclude its all truth. It not the case. There is absolute Truth. Incidentally that page 88 in my copy does not have that quote, so I could not see the context.

The Law of Attraction does cause folks of like beliefs to congregate in the spirit spheres.

If these entities understood about Indwelling Spirits, and the path to fusion, they would not say the things they do say. The Urantia Book is far more useful book, IMHO.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

sinner wrote:Hi globird, i haven't read spiritworld. But from that short excerpt. I think the person is talking about heaven. And what your perfect heaven would be. I think he/she is just letting the reader know that nobody or no book can tell you what heaven will be like for you.
I hope mine has a big lake full of fish. And a big tree near the water's edge to sit under while i await a bite.
I'll release all the fish i catch of course. :D
There are plenty of books that do an excellent job of describing the spheres. As far as I can tell though, there is no fishing and no golfing. Nothing there needs to eat, so if there were fish, as there may be, they would not bite. And the "gravity" is so very different I don't believe its possible to play golf. But I have not read that.

I just noticed these are old posts.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.