The Education of Little Tree

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

I have long wanted an insight into the American Indian mind. This is a true story, of a five year old boy, orphaned at 5, who was then brought up for the next five years as a Cherokee, by his Grampa and Gramma. It is an absolutely fabulous book, it will make you cry with joy, and cry with sadness. I can't think when I was last so touched, and indeed, I spoke directly to Forrest Carter who passed on in 1979, and he gave me a hug. That just increased the tears I felt. These guys were truly in touch with all that is.

Published by randomhouse, ISBN 0-7126-7269-9. Written by Forrest Carter.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Sounds interesting, Geoff.
Thanks for the info.
Love lilly xx
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Judy
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Judy »

Geoff,
Thanks for bringing this wonderful book back into my memory. I read it many years ago and absolutely loved it. It is every thing that you say about it.
Love...Judy......M.
If the faith of the Most High has entered your heart, then shall you abide free from fear throughout all the days of your life. (The Urantia Book, p. 1443, par. 5)
Seamus
Old Friend

Post by Seamus »

Awesome book. Don't let the fact that it centers on the experiences and perspective of a 5-year old be a hindrance, if you're thinking about reading it. It'll touch your soul no matter what age you are.

Geoff, very cool that you got a chance to meet Forrest Carter.

Peace,
Seamus
joycie_mw
Busy Bee

Post by joycie_mw »

well, i just read this great book... i borrowed it from the library followng your recommendation. Loved It!!!!! i'm sorry to have to return it, and i will probably be purchasing my own copy, because this is one of those books that really touched my heart with its beautiful wisdom so much that i know i'll be wanting to read it at least a few more times over the course of my life. i havent come across a book i liked as much in quite a long time, so Thanks For The Recommendation!!

( i especially love the sentiment of "i kin ye", and how you can't really love something or someone unless you understand it)

*joycie