Nicotine

This is a forum for those who want to share the Akashic Construct, and their experiences of it. The AC is a structured meditation designed specifically to enable contact with celestials, and also humans for the purposes of teaching or healing.
Maku
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Nicotine

Post by Maku »

First and foremost, Greetings to All! :D

I quit smoking cigarettes about 3 months ago, and am really happpy about that. Over the past four days, however, I've started smoking cigars. :shock:

I think I recall at some point stumbling upon some information on this website pertaining to nicotine and how it affects receiving in a negative way. I'm anxiously awaiting my AC CD to get to me, and am wondering what exactly that information was.

If it's going to affect my ability or performance in the AC, then I'll gladly leave that phase of my life completely behind me. If not, however, I think I might enjoy that one cigar in the evening.

If anyone knows of the effects of nicotine and how it relates to receiving/channeling, I'd be extremely pleased to find that information.

8) Showers of Light to you all. 8)

Namaste.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Maku,

You should ask George. I am not sure if he's given up (again) or not.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Congrats on quitting what a major accomplishment ! :D

I'm not sure if nicotine soley affects our stillness efforts or not however when we abuse our bodies in this way there is an underlying cause for it. It is these "causes" which affect our outcomes. The more un-wanted clutter we can eliminate from the consious the better we receive :idea: :?:

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Oh, and as for the cigars.....I'd let them go into the trash along with the cigarettes. :wink:

P.S. I should heed my own advice :oops: :roll:
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
lilaslight
Family

Post by lilaslight »

Doreen Virtue, who converses clearly with angels and teaches others how to do the same, advises no tobaccco, no alcohol, no recreational drug use of course, no red meat and several other restrictive dietary practices like dairy. As for myself, I cannot imagine living without cheese or ice cream and I haven't succeeded in being a full-time vegetarian. If you cannot make all those modifications then she suggests avoiding them just prior to meditation. Thus, I wait until later on to have that glass of wine.
I have found that certain prescription drugs do definately impede contact and communication and some others appear to perhaps help. Brain chemistry is an amazing thing.
I am not a smoker so you might want to test that out for yourself. My personal opinion is that you have done such an incredible thing by quitting smoking that you should be very very proud of yourself but not jeopardize that by falling back into smoking by rationalizing it is okay with cigars. (Plus they smell so awful! Haha.)
Maku
Busy Bee

Post by Maku »

I suppose you're all correct, I really should leave that phase of life behind completely. I think I can narrow my weak moment down to a night of Ouija that really didnt do any good for the two people involved, myself being one of them. The next day I sparked up the stogey (sp?).

Thanks for all the advice, it really seems to echo what I know deep down inside, I guess I just needed to hear it from that external source..

I really do admire Ms. Virtue as well, I have more than a few of her books, and I know she conquered her own form of addiction just prior to her breakthrough in communication.

Here's to new beginnings and the slaying of the the old beast! :sword: :twisted:

Thanks all! ..now all thats left is no NOT smoke. ..again. :roll:

I really, really, REALLY can't wait for that CD to get to me! :roll

Namaste.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Everyone,

I am glad you brought this up Maku, because it brings to my attention something I have just chosen to put to the side and not think about lately. Two years ago I felt very strongly to give up my coffee addiction. I hadn't been doing the AC and receiving very long , just a few months but after giving up the caffeine, I did notice an improvement in the different areas of meditation that I practice.
Time to give it up again I think. So I thank you for this reminder!

I too congratulate you on quitting smoking! Only smokers know just what a difficult thing that is to do. George does still smoke at this time and it doesn't affect his ability to receive but he has been basically receiving for 60 years. There was a transmit just recently submitted called 'None is Greater Than the Other' and it says these words.
“Whereas you frequently focus on those things that are wrong, we focus on those things that are right. There are physical inheritances that include aspects of the brain. There is a personality endowment that comes into play. There is an early upbringing and either a more conducive or unhelpful later environment that deals with the suitability of a receiver to be functioning with us lowly Midwayers, a former human Teacher through us, or Michael, Nebadonia, or even Urantia.

“And then there are those situations where every requirement has fallen into place, and the individual can more easily obtain contact with the Thought Adjuster. In the end analysis, it is the Creator of All through his myriad Fragments that decides which is the best way to go. "
I do think that there is an innate ability that makes receiving and working with the Midwayers easier for some people rather than others. Unfortunately I am one of the people who must "work" a little harder....so away with the coffee! :sword:

Love,
Sandy
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Good Morning to Everyone :) :)
I gotta say giving up caffeine would be a very hard thing for me to dooo.. Although I have given up red meat and thats been a good thing for me..although I don't know how or even if that has effected my contact with our "friends"...in anyway...

Sandy you said
I do think that there is an innate ability that makes receiving and working with the Midwayers easier for some people rather than others.
now I agree to that :!:
Love to ya all
daysee
When old things seem to be breaking up...new things are breaking through....
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Daysee, as a meat-eater, and I know some folk despise me...(well, the fascist-vegans in my neighbourhood do and have tried their utmost to put us out of business) I thank you for loving me just the way I am, as I try to love those vegans!! I really do!
Although I have given up red meat and thats been a good thing for me..although I don't know how or even if that has effected my contact with our "friends"...in anyway...
Petra XXX
Maku
Busy Bee

Post by Maku »

Hello! :P

I've been a picky eater all my life, especially growing up, and used to hate eating meat, other than chicken. Now, I'm trying to make up some lost muscle tissue due to malnourishment over the years, so I'm eating a lot more these days. My grandmother's traditional Hungarian cuisine includes a lot of pork, something I naturally shy away from, though I don't really know why.

I have plans to become a vegetarian once I have a more stable life and my own kitchen, but I'm wondering how exactly it is that red meat can affect negatively.

Things like nicotine, caffeine and chemicals I can understand, as they're not natural to the body. Is it perhaps the growth hormones and things of that nature that pose the potential threat/problem?

Namaste.
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Hello Petra and Maku
You bettcha Petra, I love ya just the way you are!!!! Its strange how that came up because that is one of the things (loving people the way they are) that I have been really focusing on...or I should say I thought I knew how to "love people the way they are" and after 52 yrs of life I'm realizing I just thought I knew how...and another thing I'm learning about again is forgiveness..and that's a whole different story...
Anyway Maku....I have just recently given up "red" meat....due to the saturated fats...my cholestrol is high...doc says "I'm a heart attack waiting to happen" and thats why its been good for me....I do still eat chicken...(grilled or baked) so I'm not a vegaterian yet...although I may be swaying towards that to a point for health reasons..
Love to ya's
daysee
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

I became a vegetarian a little over a two years ago mainly because of the growth hormones that were in much of the supermarket meat as well as the disgraceful factory farms and slaughter house practices. But I think it is important to understand your bodies nutritional needs and how to fill it as a vegetarian before beginning that type of diet.. Well thats what the experts say and my "Vegetarian Life magazine. To be perfectly honest, though, I am one of the most lax people on the planet. If it's bad for me and tastes good, it's almost a guarantee it will be my favorite food! :roll:

Love to you all,
Sandy

I remember reading a Teacher Rayson transmit once that spoke on human nutrition that was very good. I'll see if I can find it.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Good morning,

Hello Daysee....excellent to see ya, how ya been Darlin' ??????

Sandy wrote:
I remember reading a Teacher Rayson transmit once that spoke on human nutrition that was very good. I'll see if I can find it.
I hope you have luck finding it, this should be very insightful and I'd love to read what he has to say.
Hugs to you and the Mr....hope everything's well over in your part of the world.

Petra we'd love ya even if you ate bon-bons all day :wink: Luv your pic by the way you look like a 1970's fashion model.

Hugs all around,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Hello Sandy and Hello to you Blue Nova :sunflower: :thumleft: :hithere
Sending Love
Daysee
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

A big Hello Daysee and Anne! :hithere

Hope you guys are staying cool enough? Wish you could send me a little of that warmth! I'm being a big frozen baby here already, complaining about the cold. :baby
Well I found a Rayson transmit that is pretty good but so far haven't found the one I have in mind. It was a little more specific than this one as I remember. I'll keep looking.

http://www.tmarchives.com/transcript_fr ... rch=Rayson

Love LUV2
Sandy
Mamo
Family

Post by Mamo »

I quit smoking cigarettes about 3 months ago, and am really happpy about that. Over the past four days, however, I've started smoking cigars.

Dear Maku,

I think it's the "smoking habit" itself we need to get rid of.. I quit smoking for about 3 months but then started smoking these "vanilla cigarillos" every now and then.. and guess what.. now I'm back to #1.

But it does not seem to affect me spiritually.. or hinder contact! :thumleft:

Good luck! I will probably join you and "quit" again soon.

Mamo :loves
~ One for All and All for Love ~
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Guys Maku said..
My grandmother's traditional Hungarian cuisine includes a lot of pork, something I naturally shy away from, though I don't really know why.
Maybe because pigs are quite intelligent...ever looked in their little eyes?? We'll probably have to quit our little organic pork farm :( Perhaps I'll try a vegetarian diet at last?
Hey Daysee,
and another thing I'm learning about again is forgiveness..
Me too! I thought i had it all sussed, but not really!
Hey Sandy, when you wrote:
If it's bad for me and tastes good, it's almost a guarantee it will be my favorite food!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I've put on weight so I'm trying to lose some, a veggie diet might help? Thing is, Phil's been cooking a lot lately and he all but adds fat to an already fatty dish. I criticized his spag-bog tonight and Thals gasped: "Ah Mam! How absolutely rude of you!" in a mock-posh voice. :oops: So he's not cooking anymore...
Aw Anne,
Petra we'd love ya even if you ate bon-bons all day Luv your pic by the way you look like a 1970's fashion model.
I mainly eat throat lozenges and Skittles, hehehe!
Thanks for the compliment, it's the hat! I loved it, and someone pinched it. I'm always getting my hats stolen, even the groovy silly ones!
Hello Mamo, you wrote this:
But it does not seem to affect me spiritually.. or hinder contact!
Same here, but I smoke ALWAYS after 8 pm never before and a mere 3-5 thin rollies. I couldn't give up the wine, not even under torture! But 2-3 glasses isn't too bad! (Well, they're 75cl size glasses!!) KIDDING, hahahahaha!!

Love you All, Pet XXXX
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Hello Petra,
a veggie diet might help?
Don't forget the Bean-o :lol: I learned that one quick :wink:
We'll probably have to quit our little organic pork farm
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that !

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for that link...
It seems your society has forgotten the value of relaxation and the simpler life that comes from a healthy relationship to your creator.
That's nice....think I'll go meditate now, I'll try and send some warmth to ya :wink:

Love,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Pet,
We'll probably have to quit our little organic pork farm
That sounds ominous? I hope all is well with you and Phil.

love,
Geoff.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Geoff, the Council in their infinite wisdom, decided we had to take down our signs on our land too! It seems that most folk hereabouts prefer tasteless hormone-injected meat from animals that were cruelly treated! Sad, but there you go! (I'm not bitter! hmmm! :) I'm definitely working on it!! haha) :oops: I didn't really mean that about the folk around here, stoopid thing to assume! A lot of our regulars will be sad about it....
We've started talking about 8 months in East France and 4 during the summer months here in Wales. The opportunity is there, and we're the kind of family who like an opportunity. Perhaps it's meant to be?

Love Pet XXX
Last edited by Petra Wilson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Pet,

Well Im sure the universe will provide you with lots of opportunies with the right attitude. But it's sad to hear what has happened. It sounds like commerce is objecting.

love,
Geoff.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

..Hmm, always new rules and regulations! When will it end?

Phil, the kid's and I are very optimistic about the future, whatever it'll be.

Hugs, Pet XXX
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Hey Petra....I'm with Geoff when he said its sad to hear what happened....and like him I agree that only good things will come your way with your positive attitude you and your family have....what an adventure it will be!!!! :thumleft:
love ya
daysee
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Petra:
We've started talking about 8 months in East France and 4 during the summer months here in Wales. The opportunity is there, and we're the kind of family who like an opportunity. Perhaps it's meant to be?
Well as long as you stay here with us guys and dont abandon us, it doesnt matter where you are in the world.... :(

Im supposed to be travelling also for one year abroad, but its not happend yet, painfully slow..... My sister keeps begging me to stay.... I dont feel like going anymore, i might take a european trip instead....? :)

Take care

Love Sarah
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

Petra,
I am sorry that you have been having problem with the council and must take down the farm signs. I admire your optomism about the future. Your plans sound wonderful to me, the best of both worlds! (Of course there is always Australia if it doesn't work out! :wink: )

Sarah wrote:
Well as long as you stay here with us guys and dont abandon us, it doesnt matter where you are in the world....
That goes for you too Sarah! Where ever you go please take your laptop! :lol:

Love to all of you,
Sandy