Just started recently

This is a forum for those who want to share the Akashic Construct, and their experiences of it. The AC is a structured meditation designed specifically to enable contact with celestials, and also humans for the purposes of teaching or healing.
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Just started recently

Post by overmind »

Hi everyone,

my username is always overmind, but you can call me Arthur. I wanted to introduce myself to the message board now that I'm participating (meditating, getting emails, reading through the message archives) and have some questions. I just began my meditation last month, practicing stillness as best I can and using the cd (although I had to stop all my meditation the week of Thanksgiving since my family came over). I’m still on the first track and plan to move to the 2nd one tomorrow. Is it problematic that I never reach a deep state of meditation while using the first track? I feel relaxed the same way I would if I was practicing stillness, that stage where you lose most of the feeling in your limbs and you feel light as a feather, yet fixed in place. However, it is still hard for me to visualize the garden in the first exercise. I just can’t make the visualization last more than a few seconds, and it is easy for my mind to wonder. :?

I’m also wondering how well a person can usually meditate while lying in bed. I’ve tried sitting with my legs crossed, but my legs get numb without moving them and I end up getting stiff...

Nice to meet you guys!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Just started recently

Post by Geoff »

Dear Arthur,

Welcome. I have always meditated in bed. Some say, you must have the spine vertical, well mine is horizontal. LOL.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

Welcome Arthur! I meditate horizontal too! I think it's whatever we feel comfortable with.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Arthur,
It's good to meet you! I do both, horizontal and verticle meditation, with the later sometimes crossed legged... sometimes flatfooted. :lol: Do what is most comfortable for you, as long as you aren't too comfortable and falling asleep which happens sometimes when you first begin doing the cd.
I think visualization is something that progresses as you continue and practice. I, too, was not so good with the garden visualizations but it does have a purpose and serves as a beginning and first step in our desire for deeper things. I suspect you are ready for the second track. It will help you get a little deeper. Good for you in taking your time and not rushing it! :thumright:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Yeah, I did improved a little with the 2nd track.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

hello overmind :hithere

i am a vertical - cross legged meditator.....sometimes tho after a while, my back will ache so i go horizontal which then i usually fall asleep :mrgreen:

welcome to the site :D

(((Hugs)))
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
overmind

Post by overmind »

I think I just got a prompt today. While talking with my cousin on facebook, I noticed my computer screen flash (turn off and on) a few times. I thought it had something to do with the video card, so figured I would turn off the computer and turn it on again later. I then thought to myself that it could be a sign from a midwayer (or something is wrong with my computer) so I asked for a time prompt if it was. Right then I went downstairs to make a sandwich and when I looked at the oven timer I noticed it was 12:12. Is this a real time prompt, or is it just a coincidence? I figure flashing the computer screen is the best way to get my attention while I'm at home.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It sounds like you got confirmation and some time prompts, Arthur! ;) When these prompts in all their many forms occur for you...try focusing on being in the moment, aware of your feelings and what is going on around and within you...your thoughts and such. Your knowledge and experience as well as your confidence and understanding will continue to grow as you begin to decipher how these prompts affect you and what they mean for you personally. Developing a lasting friendship with our Celstial kin is well worth the effort in so many ways.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

It was probably telling me to keep meditating through the holidays since that is currently the biggest barrier I'm going to face in the near future (concerning meditation anyway). Not going to have much alone time. It may have also been because I forgot to meditate the day before.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Arthur,
You wrote:
It was probably telling me to keep meditating through the holidays since that is currently the biggest barrier I'm going to face in the near future (concerning meditation anyway). Not going to have much alone time. It may have also been because I forgot to meditate the day before.
You know this may sound silly, but a good place and time to meditate when you are surrounded by "business" is the bathroom. :lol: I know, I know... nobody likes to think about that and being in a somewhat "sensitive" situation clothes wise and all...but the celestials don't care what we are wearing or what we look like. And as far as our human family ... they just think we are taking a slightly longer shower/bath etc. than usual. ;) Awhhh :happy peace and quiet!
Love,
Sandy
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Hey Arthur :hithere :D

I'm with Sandy... at times, some of my most valuable "alone time" is in the bathroom! Yes, even during "urgent" priorities... there is really nothing that goes on in there which requires fully active concentration and thought, and I do often find that this time helps, particularly in a lifestyle where time alone is difficult to find.

As well, about the bed thing.. I feel some of my strongest and most intimate spiritual moments are carried out while in bed. Sometimes sitting up but, honestly, most usually while laying down. I do not sleep very well, which I suppose is both a blessing and a curse in the case of meditation or "catch-up" time as I see it, but I don't mind because I find the hours laying in bed before sleep are the times I'm most able to carry a conversation and have the most spiritually receptive intuition.. mornings are very hard for me because my family wakes up before I do and there is a lot of noise in my house when I do get up, making it hard to have that "begin the day" time.

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe