prescription medications and the AC

This is a forum for those who want to share the Akashic Construct, and their experiences of it. The AC is a structured meditation designed specifically to enable contact with celestials, and also humans for the purposes of teaching or healing.
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

prescription medications and the AC

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Hi guys
Have just been wondering if prescription medications can in any way hinder my communications? I take a combination of mood stabilisers, anti depressants and sedatives, daily.

Love
Star
x
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Hi Star,

I only can speak of the prescrip Vicodin and it does play a factor on 'receiving', it does inhibit. THe other drugs that you mentioned I am sorry, I'm not sure about them.

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Star,

I presume the medication you are taking has all been prescribed by one medical practitioner? In other words, he or she is aware of all that you are taking?

This being the case, you should accept that it is necessary, and while it may be possible to move away from this at some stage, you should accept its for the best, if as seems to be the case, its helping you.

The issue of receiving has to be secondary at this stage. Also any advice anyone gives you has to be personal. In general, the angels would prefer we not take any unnecessary mind altering medication or drugs. But they also accept that chemical treatment is sometimes necessary, indeed it may be essential.

George manages to receive although he smokes from time to time. The angels try to dissuade him, but so far their banter has I think had little effect. (For all I know he could have given up again recently, as he has from time to time.) What I am saying is that one person can receive with little effect from say cigarettes, but others have a greater effect.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
~*Star_Struck*~

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Geoff wrote:Dear Star,

I presume the medication you are taking has all been prescribed by one medical practitioner? In other words, he or she is aware of all that you are taking?

This being the case, you should accept that it is necessary, and while it may be possible to move away from this at some stage, you should accept its for the best, if as seems to be the case, its helping you.

The issue of receiving has to be secondary at this stage. Also any advice anyone gives you has to be personal. In general, the angels would prefer we not take any unnecessary mind altering medication or drugs. But they also accept that chemical treatment is sometimes necessary, indeed it may be essential.

George manages to receive although he smokes from time to time. The angels try to dissuade him, but so far their banter has I think had little effect. (For all I know he could have given up again recently, as he has from time to time.) What I am saying is that one person can receive with little effect from say cigarettes, but others have a greater effect.

love,
Geoff.
Hi Geoff, great to see you're back :hithere
Yup, all my medications were prescribed by the one doctor, my psychiatrist. They are absolutely necessary to my mental health. Our invisible friends have never said anything about my prescription meds (i was just wondering).. but they have urged me to give up illegal drugs (even if they're recreational only) as it effects my "receiving" abilities.
I can think of no greater reason to give them up, but it's very, very hard.
I've been self-medicating for a long time. It's going to take a lot of strength and perseverence if i am to succeed at this.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

So, if you have to take meds, it does not mean you aren't able to receive Celestial contact? But it can hinder contact depending on the type of receiver you are?

Drinking shed loads of strong coffee or tea can hinder as much as smoking a couple of reefers?

When I had my best OOBE's, I was completely clean, aged 16, 19 and 27. My only vices were black tea in the morning!! *sigh* Oh, happy days!

Petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

Tea...hmmmz. I drink alot of tea somedays. ??
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
martha
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by martha »

hiya everyone and happy sunday
im very new here so this might sound really silly.....
i got to this spot today and have a question...

Drinking shed loads of strong coffee or tea can hinder as much as smoking a couple of reefers?

really? ive been a smoker of both cigarettes and serenity ciggies for about 30 yrs now, both a daily habit. i would like to be rid of cigarettes eventually but am cutting myself a lil slack presently as my life is rather upside down and will be for a couple more months, i understand what a difficult addiction tobacco can be to stop. not so with the use of serenity cigs (weed), (im not one to have a drink of alcohol but do enjoy a puff while my partner has a glass of wine), i've no desire to be without that enjoyment.
will this be a barrier or hindrance? i really hope not. i do seem to feel more able to get to that quiet spot once ive had a puff and am floating chin deep in a hot bathtub, im serious, lol. itsa daily ritual as well, one that i cant imagine living without. when i get a half hour to disappear in the bath, its like i close my eyes, open them a moment later and 30 minutes have passed. all of my brilliant ideas come out of the bath time, answers to questions, things i never would come up with on my own. but is this possible because ive already been relaxed by the weed, or in spite of it im now wondering? does anyone know something about this habit and if it is a "bad thing" in the eyes of the 1111?
thanks in advance,
martha
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Martha, I wouldn't promote smoking pot/cannabis/marijuana, it would be best to be totally drug-free in order to help you receive contact with your TA, Celestials etc.
Personally, I think drinking strong alcohol is the worst, 'specially as it's legal. When I lived in Germany, I liked hanging around the pot-smokers, rather than the hardened drinkers on a Saturady night. With the latter you always had to duck away from the blood and fists. With the former, you'd be dancing in the fountain square and sharing a load of pommes frites and cokes!
It is best to be totally clean in body, thus mind and spirit. A lot of the time, we simply can't. But being clean, and free of toxins, IMO enables better contact!
Now, if only I could heed my own advise, eh?? I am trying though.

God bless Martha! We are all human, and God loves us all, no matter what!

Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

dang. i guess i knew you were going to say that. :lol: i really appreciate your honesty tho petra. i totally agree with you on the hot night out, right up until the part with the fries. i'd have to whip out some homemade cookies or a nice pavlova howbout?
martha
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey martha,
dang. i guess i knew you were going to say that.
:lol:
I know how you feel martha...my big vice is coffee! I was encouraged a couple years ago to let it go which I did for quite a while and I do believe my receiving and "hearing was better at that time.. Unfortunately the habit has creeped back and is now a full blown addiction again.
Maybe I should seriously give it up for good this time....
Love,
Sandy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Yeah, i'm addicted to coffee too, only lately... I have noticed that i am much more irritable... i must go and look at the side effects of too much caffiene....

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

oh no! im doomed! lol. i love my morning coffee, one really good cup that my spoon can almost stand up in. maybe the 1111 can use me as a really good example of what a person should not be and do. thats gotta be worth something, right?

happy monday everyone,
martha

p.s. i've also been known to self medicate, as needed, with bittersweet chocolate, with good results.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey everyone...

Yeah..when I first came to Australia over two years ago I wasn't drinking a drop of coffee. I started back with maybe just one cup in the morning..then maybe one at night ... now I can drink George under the table..and thats saying alot! :shock:

Sarah I have a hard time believing you could ever be irritable or impatient with anybody! :o

Martha you are so funny!
maybe the 1111 can use me as a really good example of what a person should not be and do. thats gotta be worth something, right?
Maybe we can have a "spiritual strifer" of the month.. :lol: ..okay...just kidding....Probably not a good idea...besides I'd win hands down every month. :wink: :lol:

Love,
Sandy
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

hiya sandy

spiritual strifer of the month! i love it. lol. "hello my name is martha and i would walk across dew worms to get to a chocolate bar once a month."
i could be your first poster girl.

honestly not so much strife spiritually. given my physical life is rather disfunctional at the moment, i had expected to be feeling the weight of it far more than i do. every time i look at a clock it seems to be 4:44 these days, so it feels like i have lots of help and support. maybe i should change the batteries, but why mess with a good thing? :wink:

have a great day,
martha
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Sarah I have a hard time believing you could ever be irritable or impatient with anybody!
Awe... thankyou Sandy that was nice of you... you just made me blubber actually, feeling delicate today... :oops: Yeah you need patience with five children... :roll: :) But i do have my moments..

Thanks, love you Sandy..... :loves

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Martha, Dysfunctional life eh? Who wants the perfect life? You would never learn a thing! May as well be in a coma! hahaha, (And the chocolate tastes that little bit better, MMMMMmmmmm!)

Love, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

good morning petra,
in a word, yup, upsidedown. i stopped looking for perfection many moons ago. injured nursing 4 years ago, unable to work and support myself, unable to wait any longer for workmans' compensation support, outta cash to the point of selling my very loved, pretty victorian home, leaving my garden, relocating to opposite side of continent, different country. oy. pass the chocolate. perfection is not within the realm of possibility, but perhaps with faith and perserverance, survival is. hence the reluctance to change the batteries in the clock.
hey, where did you say that fountain is? honestly i'd be ok with a generous sized mud puddle. grab yer boots pet.
thanks for the giggle!
martha
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Sarah,

One look at your girls shining faces and laughing eyes anybody can see that they know they are loved. You are doing a terrific job, Sis, with the most important job you will ever be given! :love

Hi Martha, Oh my you have had a rough four years. I wanted to cry when you talked of having to leave your pretty Victorian home and garden. The past can haunt us and keep us stuck in regret and negativity if we let it and then it is harder for positive things and experiences to happen around us. I am finally learning, with help from PP and other lovely positive thinkers on the board, that today, this very moment is so full of wonderful possibilities...so why dwell on the past. You can't really change it huh? So onwards and upwards ..or in my case outwards as well...been hitting the homade cookies a bit heavily lately! :oops: sigh...But theres always room for chocolate! ...mmmmm bring it on Pet! :cheers:

Love,
Sandy
SheraX
Family

Post by SheraX »

so why dwell on the past. You can't really change it huh? So onwards and upwards
Yes,yes..something I have been doing but yet struggling with it as well.
That is another topic.

Chocolate forever! Hope there is chocolate on the masion<--that how you spell it? ) worlds. hehehe :wink:
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Martha and Co,

Ah no Heather, don't think there's actual chocolate there, but we'll probably 'taste' better things. Things that'll make chocolate taste like...i dunno...charcoal, haha!
Frankly, I can't wait not to have to eat anymore. Did I just say that?
I've gorn off me food! I seem to have a hankering for tea, but my usual 2 sugars tastes disgustingly sweet, so that's good! Hmm, I'm gonna put the kettle on and look for my little bar of Milka (I have to hide the goodies from the kid's else they'll scoff it all in an hour!)

Hope you're feeling better today Martha, sending you some warm rays of love and understanding. I miss my Welsh cottage and secret garden. But like Sandy said, onwards and upwards eh? Boohooo :cry: I'm fine, really! :lol: Now where's that chocolate???...darn it! They found it and left a crumb for me!!! That will teach me to hide stuff, hahaha!!

Love pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

hiya

"so why dwell on the past. You can't really change it huh? So onwards and upwards "

This is sooooo true. As far as i know, (and at times thats very little), our past is a collection of memories. Our memories are not recordings of actual events but our emotional reaction to said events. You want a sweet and rewarding past to look back on? Find a way to think of today as sweet and rewarding, cuz thats what youll remember. Find small victories in every day, be thankful for them, they are your good memories tomorrow.

Having said that, this is sometimes a lil easier said than done isn't it? Rather than focus on the loss of the garden I'd like to write the new owner a nice note and draw her a map of the herbs and indigenous perennials that she will grow to love as i have. I can leave her pictures of past years so she'll know what is where and the size they will be, i can also make a copy of this project to take with me. Good memories by design.

I can set my sights on a happy future as well, and am doing just that to the best of my ability. I will have a new garden to build and care for. I will be moving to california so can look forward to workable soil 12 months a year. I will be living in a small house without stairs so will be able to get outside as often as i like rather than the 3 stories of stairs here that keep me on house arrest most of the time.

The weight of the loss of the past few years does pile up on me from time to time and I'm trying to give myself a lil slack on that. I just have to allow the occasional sucky n sappy moment, and move on as quickly as possible when it passes. Any considerable change provokes pain whether beneficial change or otherwise, pure physics. And this particular life has experienced change in pretty hectic order lately. One of the most comforting, reassuring, illuminating things that has kept me sane since putting the house up for sale has been this group. Thanks so much for being here!

Remember to smell the roses,
martha
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

Oh Martha that was lovely... You have given me some good things to think about and remember in my struggle to stay focused in the now. Like you, I loved my garden back home that I had cultivated and tended for many years...I missed it terribly when I moved worlds away. But just recently we have begun a raised bed garden here with the help of our landlord and I have discovered, like you, that in this warmer climate we can garden 12 months out of the year! I have since discovered that some things don't change regardless of where you live.... Even in Australia they have the infamous cabbage loopers! :lol: But although they are "little monsters," munching my cabbage leaves and all...they makes me feel very much at home! Who would of thought Id ever be grateful for cabbage loopers! :shock:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It helps...it surely does!

I am so bad... I found the best hiding place for sweets...(This is terribly sneaky, but we have a straw hat that hangs on the wall and is almost never worn. I occasionally stick the goodies in there where I can regulate how much a certain person :bigsmurf: can get...
Now if only there was someone to save me from myself! :scratch:

Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Sandy, well, let's hope that :bigsmurf: does not read this 'ere thread! Hahahaha! Else you'll have to find a new place!
Phil's just gone off to the big town to sort out papers and I forgot to give him my shopping list! Which means he'll come home with only the bear essentials and boring old legumes and fatty sausages again! Darn it, I am starting to go loopdeelopp without some crisps (chips) Milka chocs and the odd Kinder egg! :evil: <---- like that! Couldn't go with him, Mathilda's off sick with a belly ache...mind you, I just clocked her eating a bowl of cornflakes so she must be getting beter!

Martha, thanks for putting it in perspective too lovey!

Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
martha
Busy Bee

Post by martha »

2 more nights in my home. 4 nights left in my country. wow. my house is a wreck. but i have cookies ready to bake in the fridge and this awesome mb to escape to for the occasional breather. i'm so glad i found this group!

thanks, all of you!

martha
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Hi Martha,

Well to your question about smoking the herb, being someone that smoked for many a year the same frame of mind can be achieved when peace and balance come to you. As you state though that things are changing for you and it may be more difficult to break any habits that get us through the day. Where are you moving to in CA I was raised in the southern part.

:roll: Sandy,

Now your going to have to hide you candy elsewhere because its not a secret hiding place any longer. What is cabbage loopers?

:kiss: Sarah,

I know what your talking about when my children were teenagers I thought I would go out of my mind. So I can imagine with five different personalities it can definitely be challenging. Just stop and breath take sometime alone and meditate and you will survive.

Hello everyone whatever our addictions be at least your aware of them and this will be a choice somewhere to change it or not :wink: .
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.