Seeing my deceased father while awake

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
Msjaylovely
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Seeing my deceased father while awake

Post by Msjaylovely »

I had to have emergency surgery a few years ago. All of my family members were visiting with me in my hospital room. I can't remember if it was before or after surgery but I was looking out my door from my bed when I saw my dad walk by my room (my dad passed in 2010). He and I locked eyes but he didn't stop he simply kept moving in the direction he was traveling.

I remember thinking to myself: they are not going to believe me, but then my nephew said, "Y'all are not going to believe me, but I just saw granddaddy walk past the door." I was relieved to know I wasn't the only one to see him. I've seen my dad before. He came to me in a dream and told me he loved me. This was different. I was wide awake and I wasn't the only one to see him.

I wasn't bothered until I shared this experience with two friends. One friend said that seeing my dad while awake isn't a good sign, she said it is demonic to see the dead while awake. My other friend said it is a good sign and that God allowed me to see my dad as proof that my dad is ok and even to show me he was there for me too with the rest of the family.

I don't know what to believe. I once saw my mom walking in the house I grew up in and spoke to her but she disappeared and she isn't dead. Both my mom and daughter (on two separate occasions) saw my ex-husband walking in our home and he disappeared when they addressed him; my ex isn't dead either.

All of this to say that I don't know what to think or what to believe. Would anyone like to speak on it?
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Seeing my deceased father while awake

Post by Geoff »

Dear Msjaylovely

Nothing that happens naturally is "demonic". These are religious folks that have been indoctrinated by their church. Yes everyone is alive, quite alive, even if we don't generally "see" them. So relax.

The issue with churches is simple. People like you represent a threat to their authority and their teachings. Because if you pursue this, you will learn things totally opposed what they teach. So go for it, I would say. There is simply far too much evidence gathered by thousands upon thousands of us, and published in books and on the web. The web has been of enormous benefit to folks like you and I who can discover we are not crazy, and things are not what the churches claim.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello and welcome Msjaylovely,

I couldn't agree more then with Geoff on this. I know some of the loveliest of people, beautiful "lights" on this planet and they see things, passed on humans, etc. ... so often, in fact, that they don't think a thing about it. It is just a part of their beautiful loving existence. Some people, like my husband George, have seen things for as long as they can remember. They have developed senses for this perception. Not demonic at all but I suppose for some, it would make them fearful with those church indoctrinated thoughts running through their head when exposed to something they haven't experienced for themselves. You said you weren't bothered by seeing your Dad at the time. So that says much. If it were something unhealthy...believe me, you would know it and be very very bothered by it...

But I think it was lovely that your Dad in some way was able to express his well wishes to you at the time of your surgery. :happy
I don't know what to believe. I once saw my mom walking in the house I grew up in and spoke to her but she disappeared and she isn't dead. Both my mom and daughter (on two separate occasions) saw my ex-husband walking in our home and he disappeared when they addressed him; my ex isn't dead either.
hmmmmm... I am thinking that you are exceptionally adept at seeing those moving in the astral. Now I could be wrong...I am just speculating, mind you. But, you see, even if we aren't actively trying to leave our bodies behind and move in the astral (astral traveling :) ) we sometimes more then likely do that very thing when we are at rest, asleep. So I am thinking that you happened to see your mom when her astral self was out and about and probably the same with your mom and daughter when they saw your ex husband who may have been astral traveling to check things outconsiously or unconsiously????.

George can move in the astral, sometimes it surprises him to learn he has been caught out as he hadn't even realized he had "traveled and at other times he can leave his body at will. This ability is very helpful in spiritual healing arts.
So in reality, this is all a good thing... it shows you are naturally gifted in certain spiritual areas and just because a vast majority of people in the world don't know about this kind of thing, don't realize they themselves may even be doing this kind of thing while they sleep does not mean it is something scary and bad. Now why you, your mom and your daughter were able/allowed to see two people you were close to "stepping out" in these instances????? . But sometimes the ease of such things are sometimes in our genes. And it sounds like there is definitely a case for that in your family. :D :thumright:

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. It's nice to meet you, Msjaylovely,
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welcome to the boards msjaylovely,

It definitely runs genetically in our family! Just found out a few days ago, a daughter my brother never met has some of the same abilities and yearning to seek spiritual answers the rest of us have. While he was in a coma on his death bed he was communicating to me in the waiting room and also to my daughter who was two hundred miles away. Everyone has their own fears and beliefs. When my daughter started saying some incredible things I finally decided to educate myself instead of thinking I was simply crazy. Since that time both my sister and another brother admitted experiences along with several other relatives.

I say, "Let the journey begin!" And you will always have people, well meaning or not, trying to 'tell you the truth'. The truth is, it's not the same for everyone, because we base our truth on individual life experiences!

Happy seeking!
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,

I was hoping you would see this. :D :sunflower:
Love to you and the family,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

i don't think it's demonic either. seems quite natural- for you at least. :hithere (can't believe i'm just now seeing this... weird).

welcome to the forum!
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity