If angels were physical beings

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
MachinaMage
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

If angels were physical beings

Post by MachinaMage »

Angels being as they are shown in renaissance paintings are rather unrealistic. They show angels as having wings on their back. With the wings placed this way, it would not allow the angel to fly. Because the back restricts their movement. Also the wings are too small to allow for flight

To be allowed to fly, an angel must be set up this way. The wings would not be on their back, but on their sides. They would be rooted in the chest and thighs. They would also have about a 50 foot wingspan. When the angel is not in flight, the wings are folded behind the arms. But when in flight, the angel raises his or her arms to keep them out of the way of the wings. Of course, the angel would start their flight by leaping off a tall building or cliff
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: If angels were physical beings

Post by overmind »

Welcome MachineMage, :hithere

This is true, the usual depicting of wings would be impractical. There are two main reasons for why this appears in old descriptions and art.

1. Heaven is often associated with the sky, or "heavens". So things coming from the sky are often included in depictions of heavenly things. This was simply an easy way to assign roles in art. Fallen angels would also have misshapen or dark wings, like those of a bat. The "devil" was often assigned physical traits depicted as evil/demonic during the Middle Ages, though such traits had little biblical support. Basically, values associated with physical traits were widely understood, so these physical traits were used in pictures for communicating a message, especially since there was a period of time where much of the population could not read.

2. The erroneous idea that angels possess wings is not wholly due to olden notions that they must have wings to fly through the air. Human beings have sometimes been permitted to observe seraphim that were being prepared for transport service, and the traditions of these experiences have largely determined the concept of angels. In observing a transport seraphim being made ready to receive a passenger for interplanetary transit, there may be seen what are apparently double sets of wings extending from the head to the foot of the angel. In reality these wings are energy insulators — friction shields.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi MachinaMage,
Welcome to our little home on the internet.
Interesting discussion between you and Arthur. I'm trying to picture a painting with the much more accurate look of a physical angel that you describe and I can see why human artists have depicted a very beautiful but fictitious form for the angels of old. :lol: Yet, I would love to see someone try to capture, on paper or canvas, a more material accurate physical form of an angel. I bet it would, indeed, look rather awesome!
I suspect much in the way of dragon art too would fail to meet the proper physical proportions necessary to fuel flight.
Of course "artist license" will cover most of the inaccuracies with these beings that 99.9 per cent of us have never seen.... ;)
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Angels11
New Friend

Post by Angels11 »

Hello! I've just joined this forum and seen this thread. Very interesting topic. I'm currently taking an Earth Angel Realm Reader course, which deals (in part) with how angels look on the earth. I'm also an artist and when I depict angelic energy, I tend to do so in completely abstract ways, using light and color. I don't generally 'see' angels in the traditional sense with wings, etc, but more in terms of pure light form. I have a feeling a lot of other people see them in this way too.

In love + Light,
Rachel

http://www.angelcardreadingsforyou.com
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello and welcome to the 11:11 message board Rachel, it's good to meet you :hithere

I didn't see Celestials with wings when I was little, they were bright, sometimes too bright, and
looked like regular people. Today I can only sense them when they are near. I say them, it's
usually one or two.

Love, Petra
ॐ LOVE Petra
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rachel,

It's nice to meet you. Welcome!
I see angels much as you described here...
I don't generally 'see' angels in the traditional sense with wings, etc, but more in terms of pure light form. I have a feeling a lot of other people see them in this way too.
It is always in what I call my spirit vision. and they are always bright "almost too bright" as Petra suggested. I would love to be able to see them as you did as a child, Pet with my eyes wide open and trusting eh?... maybe some day if not on this world then in the next realm... :bana: (There's always the next realm! ;) )
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Sandy, my dad saw them, well, one he referred to as his guardian angel and about 7 months
before his fatal accident this angel woke him up and told him he had to right some wrongs he
did. Also he told dad that dying was definitely not the end, and other things that are discussed
right here and other similar sites.
Dad took it seriously and took out two life insurances as well as righting every wrong he did.
There weren't too many apparently but to him they were very important.
ॐ LOVE Petra
Andy
New Friend

Post by Andy »

It comes down to a matter of faith.
Take a look at a bumble bee.
Any rocket scientist would tell that because of its shape, its wing structure and wing placement, there is no plausible way for it to be able to fly.
Yet it flies.
So to must angels be able to fly. If a tiny bumble can defy the odds against flight, surely a celestial being could as well.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It's funny you bring up bees, Andy, because I thought of our angel wing discussion when we watched a David Attenborough film called, "Life in the Undergrowth" a couple days ago. George commented that bees shouldn't even be able to fly, but they do. :lol:
XX Sandy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Pet,
I cannot think about the reality of angels in our human lives without also thinking of your dad's experience. I am so glad he told you about these things before his accident...it is bittersweet though isn't it? :(
((((((((HUGS)))))))))
xx Sandy
Andy
New Friend

Post by Andy »

So, one last input for me on this thread. (maybe)
On nice days, I leave my kitchen door open. In the past two days, after posting my comment about the bumble bees, an enormous bumble bee flies in the door, circles the room and then flies out just as he came in. While in the room he does hover for just a bit so I can tell him hi. But after that, he is gone.
So far, he has done that for two days straight.
I've never seen him before I made that comment on this thread about how if bumble bees can fly, so to can angels.
But this guy is huge. He's about the size of my thumb. So, another hypothesis for the fun of it. If angels shouldn't be able to fly, why not make an appearance as a bumble bee since we already know they can fly.
I'll let you know if he shows up tomorrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Andy,
I was just thinking of you 10 minutes ago. :D I hope you are off to a great start for the week! Interesting synchronicity you experienced there with the Bumblebee. They are beautiful insects aren't they? The past year and a half or so I have noticed a change coming over me where insects and other smallish things often misunderstood are concerned.... a strange kind of empathy for most of these critters and am pondering if they are perhaps more, shall we say communicative, then we give them credit for. As they possess matter originating from the maker of stars systems just as we do and serve their own unique life purpose. When one reaches out to life with respect and is open to the unseen energies surrounding them, "small" wonders present themselves...
Can Angels and Midwayers influence life on earth to deliver gentle messages...and show up at appropriate times? Personally, I think so... as too many people over the years and centuries have been receptive to such valued information. But perhaps because many of us do not glance, in any way shape or form, this direction do we miss the advantages and opportunities relationship with all forms of life provides.

Hmm I am deviating from the angel topic...my apologies...(((((Hugs))))
Love you guys!
Sandy Image (sorry couldn't resist. ;) )
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey guys, Andy I had that happen to me but it was a hummingbird. It just hovered by my face before
hovering above my head, then it went straight out of the window. It did this three times, so cool!
ॐ LOVE Petra
Krystalshard
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 91387
Please type in these numbers:91294: 36245

Post by Krystalshard »

So Andy, any more visits from the friendly Bumble Bee?????

:P

Jean
“You are born into life for a purpose, and one purpose only; to learn to do the will of God and be of loving and merciful service to one another." Monjoronson
Andy
New Friend

Post by Andy »

No visits of late I am sorry to say. But, it's been raining here and I have been keeping the door closed.