cicada wing

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

cicada wing

Post by happyrain »

someones been leaving me cicada wings in the most unusual places
i am very grateful :loves this is an entirely new and beautiful experience. THANK YOU !!! :sunflower: :kiss: :) :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: cicada wing

Post by Sandy »

That's a nice photo, Eric. Is it one of yours? :) I have experienced the 17 year cycle of the cicadas local to where I lived in Ohio a couple times. They are amazing and long lived insects. But my goodness, they could do a bit of damage to young trees, though. How neat that you are getting spiritual inspiration from them. :D
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
arleneangle
Busy Bee

Post by arleneangle »

That's a nice photo,
Every journey begins with the first step
sammy

Post by sammy »

OH MY!!!! Cicadas!!!

A few years ago we had Cicadas around here. I have a dear friend who has beautiful gardens and LOVES to stroll through them with her coffee every morning. When the cicadas started buzzing about she would call me every morning from her kitchen, drinking her coffee, afraid to go outside with the cicadas buzzing about. The were SO loud that even with her doors closed I could hear them clearly through the phone. We still refer to it as the summer she never went outside! Her dogs (2 boxers), however were quite a different story... ...they LOVED to chase and eat them....they were in their glory!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

The first time the cicada's struck my kids were young and thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Now I, on the other hand, had to push mow the yard during those weeks on end! You never saw so many strange mowing patterns in all your life as I would move and dodge, ducking and circling. Great exercise I must say...some people would have paid good money at the gym for that kind of work out. :lol:
Love,
Sandy
P.S. Thought some of you who have never seen a cicada might like to take a look at them... They really are amazing insects...Look at those lovely red eyes.
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... gs/cicada/
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rain,

Look what I just read at the end of the above URl's article on cicadas.
The insect's amazing lifestyle has been a source of fascination since ancient times. Several cultures, such as the ancient Chinese, regarded these insects as powerful symbols of rebirth.
Love,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi sandy. yes that pic is mine, was exploring the backyard. i found a dead cicada covered in ants. i took a picture because it was neat seeing the ants work together. i'll share it with you if you'd like. anyways, a couple days later after taking the photo i found a cicada wing at work placed in the most unnusual spot-even more interesting is this is the second time i've received a cicada wing at work. . i've prayed to universe and to the cicada spirit for its wisdom and guidance. very interesting your bolding the comment on rebirth. i've read similar on the cicada as a totem and would love to share a beautiful story i found with you in the process. i've always been interested in things like alchemy and rebirth in fact that was once a username here on this forum. >if that wasn't enough i went running yesterday with no specific route. near the end i saw a white dove and decided to follow it. the bird landed on a building called chapel of eternal peace. behind the building looked like a chinese cemetery. it wa beautiful, i felt good running through there. on the way out i saw a white butterfly so the color white was something of interest. i did some research and found white has a symbolic meaning of rebirth. life and death, it's happening all the time. i mentioned this to my partner and she shared with me a synchronicity on the concept of death. after some personal discussion on something unrelated we were able to see even our relationship had a sort of, rebirth- discussing potential progress and figuring the things we can have less of or do wihout. its been amazing watching the guidance of the universe work through mysterious experience
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
Yes, I would like to see the photo when you have the chance. thank you.
I am always watching the ants around the flat. Well, truly you can't miss them but they cause no harm and go about their business without causing us one minute of upset. They are such interesting little guys and I could learn something from their work ethic. :lol:
Rebirth..is such a comforting thought isn't it? I am trying to remind myself that every moment is an opportunity to be reborn in the new moment...to be at peace with who I am and where I am today.

Thank you for sharing the story of following the white dove. It sounds magical in a way... a little magic, a little inspiration is so good for the soul. :happy
Love,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi sandy, unfortunately i can't seem to log into my photobucket at the time. i'll have to show you later- but here's the story i wanted to share
enjoy !
"How can they keep humming like that? I mean, don't they run out of breath?" I asked Carolinda, after savoring a long sip of tea, and sinking deeper into the wicker chair from exhaustion.

"Silly VeeVee." Carolinda replied (she called me VeeVee, I'm not sure why). "Cicadas don't sing like we do, they produce sound in their abdomen's with their tymbals - it's like they make a drum roll in their bellies. They purr in large groups, as a whole. Cicada's are very big into teamwork, and they sing in unison for the benefit of the group rather than exultation of the individual. That's a lesson...one we learned today. By working together in the garden we got twice as much accomplished. Teamwork reaps higher rewards."

I thought about this for awhile in silence. Then, "What's the cicada's reward for singing as they do?" I asked.

"Love." Carolinda said matter-of-factly.

"Huh?" I inquired, hoping for more detail.

"We're hearing male cicada's crooning to woo their females! It's better than Frank Sinatra! Ooooh Fraaaaankieeeee!" As she said this, Carolina made swooning motions as if gone limp from Sinatra's honey-dripped vocals.

Sometimes it takes a village to encourage love to come our way. I'm reminded of close-knit families in which matchmakers and kitchen-table meetings among matriarch's of the family gather together for long conversations about what young man would best pair with their lovely daughters. Indeed, the cicada is a symbol of love, matchmaking, and calling out to our proper mate. Moreover, cicada's remind us to seek advice from trusted allies (friends, family) when it comes to matters of love. In short, when our awareness is drawn to the sound of cicada's it's a good time to tune into our love-lives, and perhaps get some trusted advice from an outside resource about love and relationships.

"VeeVee, did you know cicada's can lay dormant for over a decade?" Carolinda asked, rustling me out of my reverie about love-bug-song.

"No, why is that?" I asked.

"They chose their own time to be born. That's powerful, don't you think?" She lifted her eyebrow at me as she said this, then tipped her rose tea to her lips for a sip.

Cicada's nestle themselves in the cool earth, almost as if in hibernation, feeding on the roots of trees until their internal body-clocks sound an alarm, resurrecting them from the earth. The symbolic implications of this were staggering to me. It spoke to me about things like: Timing, Inner Knowing, Patience, Resurrection, and also a symbiotic partnership with the Mother [Earth] as well as a special union with trees (an aspect that's always intriguing, as trees are phenomenal wisdom-keepers).

They choose their own time to be born. What a cool concept. Years later I did research into why cicada's lay dormant, sometimes only a year, other times up to 17 years. It has to do with predators. Although still a mystery to biologists, the cicada has a keen ability to sense the right time to emerge from their earthy cocoons in order to produce the most off-spring. They do this during a time in which their predators are low in numbers - insuring the chance of their brood's survival (reducing the likelihood of predators gobbling up their babies for lunch).

This phenomenon is symbolic of timing in my mind. To this day, when I hear cicada's in the summer, they make me contemplate my own timing, as well as the timing of the Universe. It also makes me pay attention to my internal body clock, and the rhythms of the Mother [Nature]. In respect to timing and the cicada, we can ask ourselves questions like: "Is this a good time to start? Or, perhaps I should wait to protect my assets from becoming devoured by poor conditions/circumstances? (just as the cicada does to protect their offspring from predators)."
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic ... aning.html
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

the pic was cut off so its not centered, maybe its to large ? well :hithere

see ya ! :D
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh well, the back half of the picture is great anyway! :) I love the details!
The birds and insects must love this time with the glut of dead and dying cicadas. It's the circle of life I suppose but it still makes me feel a little sorry for them... But I supposed if they lived on we would be up to our necks in red eyed cicadas. :shock:
Thanks for posting the photo Eric. Very nice work! :thumright:
Love,
Sandy
arleneangle
Busy Bee

Post by arleneangle »

The were SO loud that even with her doors closed I could hear them clearly through the phone. We still refer to it as the summer she never went outside! Her dogs (2 boxers), however were quite a different story... ...they LOVED to chase and eat them....they were in their glory!

LOVE!!!!
Every journey begins with the first step