A reminder from Dad...

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
k9angel11
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

A reminder from Dad...

Post by k9angel11 »

I was awoken in the early hours of this morning by my Siberian husky, Takoda.
I had my 5 yr old Son sleeping in next to me as he sometimes does, and Takoda was pacing the bed walking all over us, which is not like her at all.
When I finally lifted my head and opened my eye's to see what all the fuss was over, she was sitting there ears pricked watching the bedroom door as though she was afraid of something.
Just as I looked to see what it was, I saw a shadow (on the wall) of someone getting up from the lounge in the loungeroom.
I am no stranger to having unseen visitors but I was really concerned at the amount of fear takoda was displaying. She would not settle.
Sometimes she'd jump off the bed and hide up under the bed, again totally out of character for her. But then she'd come out and jump up on the bed and start pacing again.
At the same time the clock in the loungeroom starts ticking and chiming. It is one of those one's you use a key to wind up and it chimes on the hour.
The clock has not been wound up or used for months yet here it was, ticking away and chiming on it's own accord.
As I sat there on the bed trying to console Takoda, my Son jumps in his sleep and screams as though something or someone was after him. I don't usually scare easily, but it made me feel quiet uneasy. He didn't wake up though and continued to sleep.
By now Takoda was still restless. Panting, pacing and very anxious.
I got up out of bed and came to the dining room with her close in tow. I didn't want her to wake my Son and I knew she would the way she was pacing, so went out of the room. She would not leave my side the whole time. I sat down, switched the computer on and sent an email. By now it was about 5am.
Takoda was sitting there lifting both her front paws onto my legs trying to get my attention but there was nothing I could do besides pet her and talk to her reassuringly. But then she'd start pacing again. All the while while I was at the computer, a single fly was flying around me. (For those that haven't read my other thread in the 11:11 section, I have had regular visits from 'flies' ever since my Dad died in 1993. It's hard to explain but if you read the other thread, I have tried to explained it there).
Finally we went back to bed and got some much needed sleep.
When I awoke this morning I tried to figure out what it was that was scaring her. Or I should say 'who' it was. But couldn't figure it out.
Tonight I sent an email to the same friend I'd sent one to this morning. She asks me whether these things happen at certain times or whether it was just this house. I told her that it's always been this way, since I was a kid, no matter what house I have lived in, or who with.
After replying to her email, I stopped to think again...
And then it hit me. :!: It was Dad. Dad's Birthday would of been today (the 25th), and that was his way of reminding me. :)
He does it every year. :)

Happy Birthday Dad. xxx :loves

PS should note that I just looked at the clock and it was 1.11am. Surprise surprise... :)
sammy

Re: A reminder from Dad...

Post by sammy »

K9angel!!!! How AWESOME is that???!!! I have goosebumps ALL over!!!

I had a kind of funny one yesterday...a bit of a long story so bear with me...

We need to have our garage doors replaced, I happened to mention it to my mom the other day. She has all their old records, and looked through a file to see if she could figure out who installed theirs 10 years ago. The only name she could come up with was "Liftmaster" (which is a manufacturer of garage door openers). Finally, I just googled my area for installers. Got 2 names and called both. Only one returned my call (one that happens to be "Liftmaster certified"). I missed his first call, so I called him back and had to leave a message. He returned my call last night, and I thought nothing of it until I looked at the caller ID to retrieve his number to write down. His name was John (my dad's name) and he called at 7:11 (the number my dad saw ALL the time). I was sharing the story with my husband, he asked what the name of the company is...I started to reply "JC Garage"....the :idea: went on over my head...JC...MY DAD's initials!

Thinking I have my dad's seal of approval on this compay :mrgreen:

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
k9angel11
New Friend

Post by k9angel11 »

Hi Sammy. :hithere
Reading your post made my hair rise and gave me goosebumps.
Definately a sign from your Dad methinks. :)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I enjoyed both your posts...very good story tellers are you two! Thanks for the goosebumps in a very good way of course! :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.