Malchizedek

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Malchizedek

Post by ofek »

I found it interesting that malchizedek (Malchi zedek) means Righteous king in Hebrew
I was also wondering, in my rabbinics class at school (we study the old testament in rabbinics class) we are learning from Lech Lecha in the old testemaent. I was intrigued by this, "The king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from defeating Chedorlaomer and the kings that were with him, to the Valley of Shaveh which is the king's valley. But MALCHIZEDEK, king of Salem* (*Salem later becomes Jerusalem), brought out bread and wine; he was a priest of God, the Most High. He blessed him saying: 'Blessed is Abram of God, the Most High, Maker of heaven and earth; and blessed be God, the Most High, Who has delivered your foes into your hand';and he gave him tenth of everything."
Ok so this all comes after Abram battled with the kings of Sodom and Gemorah and a few other kings and wins.
My question is, is the Malchizedek spoken about in this passage THE Malchizedek?
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Malchizedek

Post by Geoff »

I believe so. What we know is that he came here to teach Abraham. He needed to get a more correct religion going, and he was apparently the first to teach about the concept of a Prime Source - one God.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by happyrain »

hey thanks for posting this, melchizedek has been a reoccurring theme for me today but nothing online really resonates with me

i thought it was an order? almost like a collective conscious or group entity like Ra
is melchizedek responsible for governing any planetary/universal or natural laws???? i have no clue :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by ofek »

Thaks You :D
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

happyrain wrote:hey thanks for posting this, melchizedek has been a reoccurring theme for me today but nothing online really resonates with me

i thought it was an order? almost like a collective conscious or group entity like Ra
is melchizedek responsible for governing any planetary/universal or natural laws???? i have no clue :hithere
Machiventa Melchizedek is a celestial of the order of Melchizedeks. He materialised here, when it seemed likely Michael might choose this planet, in order to create some religion that was closer to the Truth. Today he is our planetary prince, overseeing what happens here. That is unusual for a Melchizedek, but is due to the effort he put in. You can read about him in the Urantia Book, but not that he is now planetary prince. That is newer than the Urantia Book.

http://www.urantia.org/en/urantia-book- ... elchizedek

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.