Questions about spirit guides, help?

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
athensfell
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Questions about spirit guides, help?

Post by athensfell »

Hi. I've been curious about spirit guides for a while and recently, I thought I would try to contact mine. I heard from someone that one of the methods is to imagine yourself someplace that you know really well and and meditate on that place, then imagine a stairway or a hill or something leading up and when you get there your spirit guide will be waiting. Does this sound right to anyone? Well, that's what I tried and the truth is I didn't have to wait very long. After a little while of meditating I felt like I was being pulled toward a very strong presence. This presence consisted mostly of bright yellow light, there was a human shape attached to it, but it was mostly concealed by the light.

Anyway, I've never spent that much time meditating and I don't really know what it's supposed to feel like to go into a different form of conciousness, or whatever you want to call it. All I know is that I felt like my entire body was getting cold and after a certain amount of time I felt a sudden pressure on my right temple and I started to feel really...Weird. My eyes started moving erratically without my control and I kind of panicked and blinked myself out of whatever it was.

My question, is it possible that I managed to contact my spirit guide, or was it just my imagination? I like having an open mind about stuff like this, but I'm also a little bit skeptical. If anyone here has a better knowledge about these kinds of things I would love to hear from you because I am really, really clueless.
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Questions about spirit guides, help?

Post by ofek »

its healthy to be somewhat skeptical, but to me it sounds like you did come in contact with a celestial
I never knew that thinking about a place i know well will help me contact my spirit guides so i will try that today
anyways, welcome to the board :hithere
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
athensfell
New Friend

Post by athensfell »

Thank you! I'm glad I found a place where other people talk about this stuff and I don't sound completely crazy xD Do you really think I managed to contact someone? That would be really awesome. I'm gonna keep trying and see where it goes.

I think the point of thinking about a place you know really well is to help with actually feeling like you're there. It's easier to place yourself somewhere your mind is familiar rather than inventing a new place or trying to reinvent a place you've only been a couple times. It made sense to me, but I'd love to hear the other methods people use.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi athensfell, it's nice to meet you
no doubt you've made a connection. i've never tried that technique but we live in a realm of infinite possibilities! exercise your right as creator and explore your creativity. simply beautiful. i believe it's in georges sig: intent is all that counts. in your sincerity, you've made contact. the color says a lot about this presence and should be considered carefully, see if anything resonates with you in your research.
also, do you think it's possible the feeling in your head equates to downloading light(information)? maybe it's your crown, opening up. ofek is right, an inquisitive mind seeks the truth- a bit of skepticism is healthy- but i think this experience is more than confirmation for you, do you agree? from my personal experience it's good to know- feel, what is right and believe in yourself and your communications.
hope this helps, welcome to the forums friend :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
athensfell
New Friend

Post by athensfell »

Thank you! I tried to find out what the pressure feeling meant and found a lot about people feeling it in the center of their foreheads, nothing about the temple so far, but I really like the idea that it's information being injected into my brain.
A few of the sites I looked at say that yellow is the color of spiritual awakening, which makes sense given that until recently I have not been a very spiritual person.

At any rate, whether it's actually contacting another being, or just communicating withy a part of the self, it's interesting either way. Thanks for all the positive opinions!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Athensfell,

Welcome. The meditation that you tried may well have achieved the aim. George knows a bit more about the "psychology" of climbing stairs, descending stairs etc. The one we talk mostly about here descends from the clouds through a rainbow, then ascend a hill, then descend a staircase. Till you find your akashic workshop. Inside the workshop, when you want a visitor, you call the lift, and they often come in that way.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Athensfell,
I too have felt pressure in my temple when making contact of some sort. In my opinion that may very well be what happened to you... as to why, who or what type of contact... ??? It may be a little early to tell but I bet you will eventually find the answers if you persevere with some daily type of meditation.
Welcome to the forums! :hithere
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.