Q about Angels

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Q about Angels

Post by ofek »

roxiedog13 wrote:
Geoff wrote:
ofek wrote:Thank you guys
Its good to know that any questions i have can be answered by someone
Peace and love,
Ofek
Funny you should ask about Moses, because although George has had a teacher called Aaron for some time, I never made any connection. But George and Sandy now suspect he is the brother of Moses, and he apparently wears an insignia that seems to be an ancient Jewish symbol.
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17939

love,
Geoff[/quote

In the Bible Aaron is the brother of Moses and apparently the one with the gift of speaking which he
did on Moses behalf. What was the the Jewish symbol insignia that you refer to ?
I also heard he spoke for moses because moses himself had a speech impediment. As a baby the Egyptians tested him they brought a plate of hot coals and a plate of gold if he touched the gol i think the outcome would have been that he was thrown to the Nile river, but if he touched the hot coals he wouldn't be and with the help of God he put a coal in his mouth and was saved. But idk about this it is just a story and im not sure that it is written anywhere
anyways thank you sooo much George and i like the tefillin thing it is very interesting. I actally put tefilling on this morning, well i go to a jewish school so when we pray we pray with them on anyways.
Goerge if Aaron ever comes to say hello can you tell him I send my regards to him?
Lol i just thought about this, My Rabbi would never believe that i know someone who had talked to Aaron, or would he? Idk
peace and love,
Ofek
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Hi there Ofek,

I'm sure Aaron will be very pleased to hear from you. I got to know his lighthearted ways in Pocatello ID in 2000, but I never expected him to be Moses' brother, just as Samuel is hardly a biblical personality. Also, I did not expect THAT same Aaron to suddenly be there for Sandy when Bill Kelly passed away.

Details such as what parchment or papyrus was in the black (approx) 15" long x 3" diameter leather container we may never find out. The ten commandments? Perhaps.

However, I'm rather sure it became the Tefillin's fore-runner. You might know more about the Tefillin's origin.

:bigsmurf:
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

the history of the tefillin wasnt written down anywhere and was only mentioned in oral law so we dont really know that much about the tefillin's history so it could date back to Moses' time
and about the insignia, was it made up of 12 different colored rocks?
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Sorry Ofek,

No insignia. The only insignia I know of is the one with the three concentric circles
of Melchizedek.

Cheers...
George.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

Okay
Thank you soo much George
peace and love,
ofek
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

luvinlife wrote:Very interesting posts, guys!
Im simply a believer in God
Me too!!!!

Love, Clare
I agree, cheers you guys!

Love Petra x
ॐ LOVE Petra
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hello to all -- and hello, Geoff!

I really appreciate this discussion -- thank you Geoff, for clarifying some of these points and questions about Jesus.

I've long held the sense or belief that God sent many "Jesuses" to us -- precisely because God was wise enough to know that each culture needed a figure they could relate to, one who spoke "their language" and appeared to be one with "their culture." So God sent Lao Tse to the Chinese, Quetzalcoatl to the Mayans, Krishna and Buddha to the Indians, Moses and Jesus to the Jews, and on and on and on . . . It never seemed to me that these men "were the message," but instead were the messengers. I know that some sects of Buddhism worship Buddha himself, and it's my understanding that in so doing, they kind of "miss the point." We can follow Buddha's example in how to divest of the ego and become one with all that is, relinquishing the need to self-identify and then becoming capable of melting and merging . . but Buddha himself was not meant to be worshiped. In considering Jesus rather carefully for years (And I myself was brought up a Catholic), I reached a very similar conclusion about Him -- He came here to teach us; not to be worshiped and to have a religion separate from Judaism built up after His departure.

Thank you for spelling out these ideas. I find those most refreshing. I have been frequenting a site where Catholics may post questions about their faith, in an attempt to further understand the beliefs in which I was raised. I was disappointed to find so many forum members were critical of me -- only because my screen name proclaimed me to be "spiritual" instead of "Catholic." I was essentially asked to leave the forum, though in my interactions with others I asked questions (intent on learning more) and I did not propound my own beliefs. It did surprise me, the lack of openness to others (even when the others remain silent about their own faith traditions). I attempted always to pose each question in a respectful manner, and never to comment if an answer diverged from my own belief, and yet I did not find the acceptance and the openness of heart and spirit I'd hoped to find.

It does occur to me that many, in attempting to follow Jesus' message, forgot the message, in focusing more on the messenger himself. That forum hosted many opinions that criticized and judged homosexuals, Muslems, Hindus, etc., and I do not find that in keeping with Jesus' message. I feel Jesus would support any belief -- so long as the behavior was respectful, kind, and centered on "good works." If a person can achieve gratitude, and his poor choices lead to remorse -- what more could God (Or Jesus) ask of us?

This all happened just this morning, and so, coming to this forum, and finding your sensible and clarifying words, I find myself feeling more peaceful and calm, and I'm grateful, Geoff, that you took the time to address these questions.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and peace to each of you,
Light
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

11light11 wrote:I've long held the sense or belief that God sent many "Jesuses" to us -- precisely because God was wise enough to know that each culture needed a figure they could relate to, one who spoke "their language" and appeared to be one with "their culture." So God sent Lao Tse to the Chinese, Quetzalcoatl to the Mayans, Krishna and Buddha to the Indians, Moses and Jesus to the Jews, and on and on and on . . . It never seemed to me that these men "were the message," but instead were the messengers. I know that some sects of Buddhism worship Buddha himself, and it's my understanding that in so doing, they kind of "miss the point." We can follow Buddha's example in how to divest of the ego and become one with all that is, relinquishing the need to self-identify and then becoming capable of melting and merging . . but Buddha himself was not meant to be worshiped. In considering Jesus rather carefully for years (And I myself was brought up a Catholic), I reached a very similar conclusion about Him -- He came here to teach us; not to be worshiped and to have a religion separate from Judaism built up after His departure.
Dear Light,

Well there is some truth in your comment, but we humans simply don't have the information to know. What we do know, is Melkizadek came here as a materialized Celestial - an Avatar. George and I are of the opinion that Sai Baba is not a human but an Avatar, but he seems to have been born of woman. Jesus of course was an Avatar born of woman. However, in Jesus case, some very important stuff occurred, as a result of his birth, which makes him different. That was the return of Thought Adjusters. Other spiritual teachers may also have been Avatars, we simply don't know.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh I'm sorry to hear you were asked to leave your forum 11Light11. I am surprised and saddened because I know you to be kind hearted, gentle and caring and cannot imagine you ever being deleberately disruptive. Perhaps your questions may have been hitting to close to home and causing some uncomfortable inner contemplations. Some people want only confirmation and justification of their beliefs and ideas... anything that is confusing is uncomfortable and often gets pushed away. ( I think I may have been guilty of that at times. :oops: ) There is also some negative scrutiny where 1111 is concerned in some religious corners. They fear it as a detraction from what they perceive is "the truth." Never realizing that Truth, real Truth is bigger than we can possibly imagine and all encompasssing. It isn't our job to change minds per se... but to simply love and allow God's spirit of Truth to touch and guide us as we ourselves work our way through this maze that is life. The way I look at it..."Their loss is our gain!" :kiss:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

Like Sandy said Orthodox people just dont want to hear anything else that might differ from their religion
Many are close minded and just WILL NOT listen.
The other day I thought about what Orthodoxy is and this is what I came up with, "God created humanity, humanity invented religion, out of religion came Orthodoxy, and out of orthodoxy a different God was created" what i mean by this is that in orthodoxy the God they speak of is COMPLETLY different than the actuall God. For example, why would God want us to fear him if he is all loving?
Peace and love,
Ofek
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Ofek,

Indeed.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dear Ofek,

Well said, my friend. I wish that I had learned that over thirty years ago. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Love,
Paul
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

It wasnt completely me,
I think my thought adjuster helped out a little bit to come up with that conclusion
Im happy it did :D
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Ofek, that was perfect! Thank you.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Thanks for all your beautiful comments and ideas! :kiss:
It's always so lovely visiting this forum!
Peace,
Light
overmind

Post by overmind »

ofek wrote: The other day I thought about what Orthodoxy is and this is what I came up with, "God created humanity, humanity invented religion, out of religion came Orthodoxy, and out of orthodoxy a different God was created" what i mean by this is that in orthodoxy the God they speak of is COMPLETLY different than the actuall God. For example, why would God want us to fear him if he is all loving?
Nicely put, but I think this speaks a little more about fundamentalism than orthodoxy as orthodoxy is more about upholding traditional norms and belief systems (like sticking to beliefs you grew up with or sticking with the beliefs of those before you). Yeah, orthodoxy stunts one's ability to be flexible and reduces their ability to learn new things (like revelations), but it isn't quite as bad as fundamentalist belief. I've held debates/arguments with Christian fundamentalists and it can be very tiring. I view fundamentalism as having more faith in a book than God, as this is where a man's concept of God would come about. Just as how the Old Testament of the Bible creates an image of God, people choose to follow and worship this image or idea of God which is simply a particular mortal's understanding of divine Deity. It reduces one's ability to search for God as the only God one may search for is the one confined in their rigid beliefs. Being unable to accept that a finite being cannot fully understand the infinite and eternal means that one cannot accept that their beliefs are neither absolute nor perfect. It brings about egocentric behavior as one is forced to denounce the beliefs of others simply to uphold their own personal understanding of God, which is limited to the text of a holy book. In my eyes, this stifles both creativity and adventure in one's belief in God (although you could say religion itself does this as well).
Shield
Family

Post by Shield »

Paul wrote:Dear Ofek,

Well said, my friend. I wish that I had learned that over thirty years ago. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Love,
Paul
Same here. Except I wish I had learned this 40+ years ago. :(