Imaginary friend...or more?

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
mm1111
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Imaginary friend...or more?

Post by mm1111 »

I had this thought the other day.

I use to have am imaginary friend when I was very young..maybe 5 or so. I can still see her to this day. She had red hair and freckles and her name was Kathy. Now the very strange part about this is my aunt also had an imaginary friend named Kathy with red hair.

I know childeren are more intuned with things and I began wondering if maybe it was a celestial or something. Seems to strange for my aunt and I to both have had an imaginary friend with the same name and same color hair when we were childeren.

Any thoughts? :roll
Follow your heart
happyrain
Family

Re: Imaginary friend...or more?

Post by happyrain »

maybe something more :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear mm,

I would vote on real. Children do see spirit, and sadly it is the put downs they get from adults that cause them to doubt, or keep quiet.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Geoff wrote:Dear mm,

I would vote on real. Children do see spirit, and sadly it is the put downs they get from adults that cause them to doubt, or keep quiet.

love,
Geoff
this happened to me. as a child i ecnountered 'spiritual' or 'paranormal' happenings on a daily basis....told the people around me,,,they said it was my over active imagination. sooo...i ended up putting myself in the closet or 'box'. now..i am out again :sunflower:

children see them more because their minds are not limited (yet)..... as we grow older our minds become limited, so naturally we stop seeing them.

(((Hugs)))
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
devoted
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by devoted »

When I was small (under 4 years of age) I had an 'imaginary' family, all children and I would walk down the street and we'd all be holding hands. I can't remember how they looked that clearly but I do remember holding my mothers hand and I was holding the hand of one of my 'imaginary' children and there was I would say about 5 or 6 of them. I remember telling my mother I was upset because a friend of hers had just walked through my family! The would walk in a line at the side of me all holding hands at my request as I didn't want any of them to get lost :) Of course this story was recounted to me when I was older and laughed at by my parents but I remember this happy little group that surrounded me and the lovely warm feeling that came with them . . . the didn't speak in words but in feelings. I could feel the emotion they gave off. But they had the feeling of children laughing happily.

One of my daughters had one too and out of the three of my children I would say that she is the most intuitive and sensitive still to this day. I think there is something much more than imagination involved.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

blue nova wrote:children see them more because their minds are not limited (yet)..... as we grow older our minds become limited, so naturally we stop seeing them.
Dear Anne,

Actually I gather children's brains operate at lower frequency, so its like being in a meditative state all the time.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

devoted wrote:When I was small (under 4 years of age) I had an 'imaginary' family, all children and I would walk down the street and we'd all be holding hands. I can't remember how they looked that clearly but I do remember holding my mothers hand and I was holding the hand of one of my 'imaginary' children and there was I would say about 5 or 6 of them. I remember telling my mother I was upset because a friend of hers had just walked through my family! The would walk in a line at the side of me all holding hands at my request as I didn't want any of them to get lost :) Of course this story was recounted to me when I was older and laughed at by my parents but I remember this happy little group that surrounded me and the lovely warm feeling that came with them . . . the didn't speak in words but in feelings. I could feel the emotion they gave off. But they had the feeling of children laughing happily.

One of my daughters had one too and out of the three of my children I would say that she is the most intuitive and sensitive still to this day. I think there is something much more than imagination involved.
Dear Devoted, what a sweet story. I wouln't have laughed, but then I saw Beings that no-one else could see quite often too.
My daughter described it similar to you too, that her fairy, Angel friends didn't as such speak, but she felt their love.
When we lived in Dolwerdd Wales, I could feel all kind's of spirits around me. I often saw hooded figures in my peripherals too, and so did Thalia.

Lots of love, Petra :loves
ॐ LOVE Petra
devoted
Busy Bee

Post by devoted »

Petra I think its quite common but less enlightened parents shrug it off as being a child's imagination and a phase. I don't know why my 'imaginary' friends stopped being with me or whether I stopped having the ability to see them but I still sense a lot of things as a sort of energy. Being around less enlightened people can sort of knock it out of us or we feel we should keep quiet about it. This is why I love this forum. There are others here who have either experienced the same sort of thing or are at least encouraging and supportive enough to give us the space to be who we are.

The feelings you said your daughter felt I still get those but can't necessarily see anything. The emotional reaction we get when someone speaks to us is an emotional translation of words. What I pick up is an emotion and my mind instantly translates the meaning of the feeling. Ive always been able to do it and thought everyone was that way. I thought it was emotional intuition . . . but I do know that what I felt via those imaginary friends of mine was the love they had for me.

My daughter used to call her friend E.T. and I wondered if its because it looked like E.T. to her but when she saw a tiny model figure of E.T. she was frightened of it and said that's not what E.T. looks like. I never quizzed her about it and neither encouraged or discouraged it - I just treated it as normal and about the age of 4 E.T disappeared never to be spoken of again. I do wonder who these beings are. Jo (Devoted)
sammy

Post by sammy »

When Jake (my 17 yr. old) was little he would occasionally do something uncharacteristically naughty...I would ask him why he did it and he would say the bad angel told him to do it. One day we were driving somewhere after he had done something extra naughty and I again asked him why. (By this point we were zooming down the highway.) Again he said it was the bad angel. I opened the window next to him and told him to throw that bad angel out the window and tell him to never come back. He did just that. To this day he remembers it but will not even speak about the bad angel.

When he got older (about 12 or 13) he had a really cool dream (it's somewhere in the archives if you want to read about it), when he woke up he could see auras. He has (for his own reasons) temporarily turned off the abilities he gained that night. I do think that he still gets "celestial clues" louder than many of us though. Anxiously awaiting the day he turns those gifts back on!

LOVE!!!!

Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
devoted
Busy Bee

Post by devoted »

Wow Sammy that's an amazing story . . . I find children fascinating . . . they're so brand new on one level and full of intuitive wisdom on another :) I will try and find the post you mentioned. Jo
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

sammy wrote:When Jake (my 17 yr. old) was little he would occasionally do something uncharacteristically naughty...I would ask him why he did it and he would say the bad angel told him to do it. One day we were driving somewhere after he had done something extra naughty and I again asked him why. (By this point we were zooming down the highway.) Again he said it was the bad angel. I opened the window next to him and told him to throw that bad angel out the window and tell him to never come back. He did just that. To this day he remembers it but will not even speak about the bad angel.

When he got older (about 12 or 13) he had a really cool dream (it's somewhere in the archives if you want to read about it), when he woke up he could see auras. He has (for his own reasons) temporarily turned off the abilities he gained that night. I do think that he still gets "celestial clues" louder than many of us though. Anxiously awaiting the day he turns those gifts back on!

LOVE!!!!

Sammy
Wow, Joann, gotta look at your posts from the past to see about this dream!! I hope it didn't get recycled off of the forum yet. It's good you told him to throw "the bad angel" out the window. Is this the son that has joined the military? Just curious!
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
sammy

Post by sammy »

Hmmm, I went looking for Jake's story, maybe it has gone to the circular bin...I tried several key words that should have been in the post, but no luck, so I'll share it again. (Hope I'm remembering it right!)

So he was about 12 or 13 at the time. I was driving him to karate and he said (out of the blue) "What's that thing called that goes all around your body?" I said "Skin???" He replied "no, the colorful thing"...I said "aura?" (Now I really knew NOTHING about metaphysics at this point, don't think I'd ever heard the word, and really knew nothing about auras except the word and general concept.) He said "YES! Auras! I have a theory about them. I think the color tells you what the person is like, and they change color with your mood." Obviously I asked why, and he replied "I was walking down the hall today and mine is usually blue, but when a kid bashed into me I got really mad and it turned red. Then when I was in English class I noticed that this kid who is always really quiet had a white one and a kid that always gets in trouble has a gray one."

Well, Jake has a history of eye problems, so the first thing I asked (thinking about how he said his had changed from blue to red) "Did everything look blue and then turn red?" He replied (like I was stupid) "NO! Just the thing around me!"

So I asked how long he has been seeing this...he got very quiet like he didn't want to respond. Finally he said "you'll think I'm crazy". I assured him I wouldn't and he told me it just started that day and he thought the dream he had was the reason for it. In his dream he had to go on a very long exhausting walk. He didn't want to go because it was very tiring, but he "knew" he had to. When he finally reached his destination there was a large building (he described it as an airplane hanger). Inside stood a large robot in the center of a stone circle. For some reason he knew he had to throw water on the robot and when he did, it crumbled to the ground. After that "they" (he never did tell me who "they" were) gave him some goggles, they were like night vision goggles, and he could see through walls, and see all kinds of amazing things. When he woke up he could see auras.

For me, the amazing part happened when I got home that night and started researching some of the terms he used. First I searched "stone circle". I brought up a few of the images and asked him if any looked similar. He picked this one: http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/phot ... Well_B.jpg and told me it was identical but his was inside this building.

Then I did a little research on Chalice Well (as this was the circle he said he saw). It turned out that many believe you can have your 3rd eye opened at Chalice Well.

He "turned off" this ability a few months to a year after this occurred. He was having many dreams that were prophetic, and many dreams that sounded prophetic (yet to be determined) that scared him. He also saw what sounded like a murder (like ghosts re-enacting the murder) while totally awake. He was very funny about this...I asked him why he "shut it off" and he replied again like I was stupid...he was very emphatic..."I didn't SHUT it off, I TURNED it off. If you SHUT it off you can't get it back, but if you TURN it off you can turn it back on whenever you want". He said it like EVERYONE should know that! :lol:

Funny. I had been contemplating why George's daughter suddenly stopped having Simone to dinner every night right after the Gray Euc. tree was cut down.....perhaps the platoon was using her to get George to start paying more attention to them...and when he did, they no longer needed to use his daughter. As I wrote Jake's story it occurred to me that it was his being able to see the unseen which caused me to open my eyes...when I started paying attention Jake wanted nothing to do with it any longer. That said, even though he has it "turned off", he has very strong intuition...I always go with it!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

What a nice-looking well!

I don't blame your son for turning it off in the meantime. And that's a pretty good theory on why he might have turned it off! :D Those dreams sound like they could have gotten more intense with time, perhaps? It could have been a lot for him to handle after a while. For some reason, your son's situation feels like it happens to many other sensitive people around that age, and it's good that he has realized early on he has free will to turn off such things. (I imagine some folks might panic and act like there's no way to stop it from happening once it has all started.)

I think you've been a great mom, looking all that up and allowing him to speak to you about this freely without judgement. :mrgreen:
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

sammy

Post by sammy »

T wrote:
I think you've been a great mom, looking all that up and allowing him to speak to you about this freely without judgement. :mrgreen:
Thank you...but I kind of believe he chose his parents...I kind of believe in the theory that we "contract" with God (before we come here) to have certain experiences that help the spiritual growth of those we encounter. With that theory comes "Jake chose us for parents" for a reason determined long before he came to us. So I can't take any credit....God made me this way for some reason (the good, the bad AND the ugly! ;) )

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

sammy wrote:Thank you...but I kind of believe he chose his parents...I kind of believe in the theory that we "contract" with God (before we come here) to have certain experiences that help the spiritual growth of those we encounter. With that theory comes "Jake chose us for parents" for a reason determined long before he came to us. So I can't take any credit....God made me this way for some reason (the good, the bad AND the ugly! ;) )

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Sammy, I would also think that a lot of what we do and say, lots of it happened due to free will, right?

So, perhaps if we think of this in line with that theory, it would be that he chose his parents because they would allow him to be open like that, but not guaranteed time or place, and certainly hedging the chances that the person did not choose to block off the possibilities out there in the world...So it was good that you had thought to ask and keep on going with the conversation because of your awareness with his vision, too. The way I was thinking, you could have chosen to write off the revelation of the auras as something just connected with his vision problem, even if he did say no, but that's not the way your personality developed as a mother. :) So, I think God gets a huge chunk of credit, but you still get kudos?? :mrgreen:

I also kind of have that belief, too, but I also feel like it extends out to those that we choose to be with outside of family, like certain friends or the line of work we would be doing.

I personally don't know what my parents might say about my seeing auras from time to time, but it's overwhelming enough for them to have and hear of dreams about the ones that passed on, I think, and I haven't had a consistent vision of auras enough to approach them about it. I think his vision of them was really good at the time the ability for him was 'on!' When I see them, it's other people's and not my own, and I don't recall ever seeing mood changes.
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

sammy

Post by sammy »

Hi T!

I like your explanation of how the "predetermined" fits with free will! I too believe we all have free will, and could never see how the other part of my belief fit in with it....THANK YOU!

LOVE!!!!
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Aw Sammy, thanks? :oops: Making me blush a lil~

Love to you and yours!
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wow! Sammy and T, interesting conversation between the two of you...I don't ever remember hearing this story of Jakes' dream, Sammy? Where have I been???... or maybe it is my spotty memory again. :oops: It's absolutely fascinating...and just as fascinating to me is the fact that you didn't brush off his dream in some typical "Know it all parent" fashion. You took him seriously and did some research, greater improving the clarity of what he received then and possibly in the future. 8)
The whole thought on picking our parents and free will has always intrigued me along with all the amazing details that someone on the "Knowing end of Paradise" must work out all the many details between us and our choices...Think about this occuring for every being in the universe and it is totally mind boggalling... :shock: Whew! makes me glad to be just a simple little speck of dust on this lovely rock in this amazing galaxy.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sandy wrote:
The whole thought on picking our parents and free will has always intrigued me along with all the amazing details that someone on the "Knowing end of Paradise" must work out all the many details between us and our choices..
In this regard....In the books written by George, "The Search for 11:11" and "In Service of 11:11" he makes brief mention of his theories of time and how it can be possible for him to exist in the present and be able to see both past and future events. I just started reading "Anatomy of the Halfway Realm", and he went into a little more detail about the spring theory with it's never ending coils and motion being a key factor (sheez George must have some serious brain power!!!)...BUT then that theory was shot to pieces (I have yet to read why). Seemed like I had a point to all that...but it is escaping me now :lol: oh well.

When I was a child my mom always made us say our prayers before going to sleep. When I got a bit older I found that when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, sleep would not come until I said the Lord's Prayer...I would actually see an endless sheet of paper scrolling before my eyelids, the paper seemed to be the Lord's Prayer...Finally I would say the prayer...THEN my brain would start thinking "God made all of us...Who made God?" I know God to be eternal...my mind would go absolutely BLANK...then I would ponder why my mind went blank...I could never accomplish that when I tried many other times...I would try to make my mind go blank and thoughts would flood in...but not when I tried to wrap my brain around God being eternal....

I now can make my mind go blank to meditate (although a bit out of practice now, it takes me a little longer)....huh, maybe I had figured out how to meditate way back then and I didn't even know it!

Well...I guess I got way off the subject there :lol: I tend to be good at that :mrgreen: Maybe it is all tied together in my scattered brain! :roll :roll :roll

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh you talking about Prayers before bedtime reminded me of something I found that wingzie had sent me a few years ago... I read it again and had another good laugh as I recognized myself from time to time as the "prayee."
I hope it's okay if I post it...
She didn't write it but I believe it was one of those forwarded emails...kinda cute.... I can't help but hear God's voice as George Burns. Remember those old movies where he played God? :lol:

THE LORD'S PRAYER

Rather cleverly done.
This is in two parts,
the prayer (in blue type) and
GOD (in red type)in response.

Our Father Who Art In Heaven.
Yes?
Don't interrupt me. I'm praying.
But -- you called ME!
Called you?
No, I didn't call you.
I'm praying.
Our Father who art in Heaven.

There -- you did it again!
Did what?
Called ME.
You said,
"Our Father who art in Heaven"
Well, here I am.
What's on your mind?

But I didn't mean anything by it.
I was, you know, just saying my prayers for the day.
I always say the Lord's Prayer.
It makes me feel good,
kind of like fulfilling a duty.

Well, all right.
Go on.

Okay, Hallowed be thy name . .
Hold it right there.
What do you mean by that?

By what?
By "Hallowed be thy name"?
It means, it means . . good grief,
I don't know what it means.
How in the world should I know?
It's just a part of the prayer.
By the way, what does it mean?

It means honored, holy, wonderful.
Hey, that makes sense.
I never thought about what 'hallowed' meant before.
Thanks.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.

Do you really mean that?
Sure, why not?
What are you doing about it?
Doing? Why, nothing, I guess.
I just think it would be kind of neat if you got control,
of everything down here like you have up there.
We're kinda in a mess down here you know.

Yes, I know;
but, have I got control of you?

Well, I go to church.
That isn't what I asked you.
What about your bad temper?
You've really got a problem there, you know.
And then there's the way you spend your money --
all on yourself.
And what about the kind of books you read?

Now hold on just a minute!
Stop picking on me!
I'm just as good as some of the rest of those people at church!

Excuse ME.
I thought you were praying
for my will to be done.
If that is to happen,
it will have to start with the ones
who are praying for it.
Like you -- for example.

Oh, all right. I guess I do have some hang-ups.
Now that you mention it,
I could probably name some others.

So could I.
I haven't thought about it very much until now,
but I really would like to cut out some of those things.
I would like to, you know, be really free.

Good.
Now we're getting somewhere.We'll work together -- You and ME.
I'm proud of You.

Look, Lord, if you don't mind,
I need to finish up here.
This is taking a lot longer than it usually does.
Give us this day, our daily bread.

You need to cut out the bread.
You're overweight as it is.

Hey, wait a minute! What is this?
Here I was doing my religious duty,
and all of a sudden you break in
and remind me of all my hang-ups.

Praying is a dangerous thing.
You just might get what you ask for.
Remember,
you called ME -- and here I am.
It's too late to stop now.
Keep praying. ( . . pause . . )
Well, go on.

I'm scared to.
Scared? Of what?
I know what you'll say.
Try ME.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
What about Ann?
See? I knew it!
I knew you would bring her up!
Why, Lord, she's told lies about me, spread stories.
She never paid back the money she owes me.
I've sworn to get even with her!

But -- your prayer --
What about your prayer?

I didn't -- mean it.
Well, at least you're honest.
But, it's quite a load carrying around all that bitterness
and resentment isn't it?

Yes, but I'll feel better as soon as I get even with her.
Boy, have I got some plans for her.
She'll wish she had never been born.

No, you won't feel any better.
You'll feel worse.
Revenge isn't sweet.
You know how unhappy you are --
Well, I can change that.

You can? How?
Forgive Ann.
As I forgive you;
And the hate and the sin,
will be Ann's problem -- not yours.
You will have settled the problem
as far as you are concerned.

Oh, you know, you're right.
You always are.
And more than I want revenge,
I want to be right with You . . (sigh).
All right . all right . .
I forgive her.

There now!
Wonderful!
How do you feel?

Hmmmm. Well, not bad.
Not bad at all!
In fact, I feel pretty great!
You know, I don't think I'll go to bed uptight tonight.
I haven't been getting much rest, you know.

Yeah, I know.
But, you're not through with your prayer are you? Go on.

Oh, all right.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Good! Good! I'll do that.
Just don't put yourself in a place
where you can be tempted.

What do you mean by that?
You know what I mean.
Yeah. I know.
Okay.
Go ahead. Finish your prayer.

For Thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory forever.
Amen.

Do you know what would bring me glory --
What would really make me happy?

No, but I'd like to know.
I want to please you now.
I've really made a mess of things.
I want to truly follow you.
I can see now how great that would be.
So, tell me . . .
How do I make you happy?

YOU just did.

Post by sammy »

Sandy! Goosebumps AND laughter...what a great combination!

I have more thoughts on this, hopefully they'll still be there when I get back from church! ;)

LOVE!!!!
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Aw Sandy, that made my night!~ xo

-Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Sandy, I loved that! That is almost exactly what sort of happened to me these last couple of years....getting out of the "organized" bit and having conversations now.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
mm1111
Family

Post by mm1111 »

Lovin this thread! :kiss:

Thank you Sandy for that, it was great! :love
Follow your heart
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! :kiss:
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.