Difference between ouija board and automatic writing.

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
clarity
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Difference between ouija board and automatic writing.

Post by clarity »

What is the main difference between the ouija board, automatic writing and channeling. I have read a quote which was something to the effect of "if a man values his sanity, he will stay away from ouija boards."

I've noticed that automatic writing seems to be promoted here. Does automatic writing carry the same risks that the ouija board does?
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Difference between ouija board and automatic writing.

Post by nasra1996 »

I'm not entirely sure what the difference is... but i've done ouiji board many times as a child with family, and i would recommend steering clear of it... as a result we were haunted for years... ouiji board is used for summoning up spirits and you could summon up some nasty ones by mistake...

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

clarity wrote:What is the main difference between the ouija board, automatic writing and channeling. I have read a quote which was something to the effect of "if a man values his sanity, he will stay away from ouija boards."

I've noticed that automatic writing seems to be promoted here. Does automatic writing carry the same risks that the ouija board does?
There is a very big difference. A ouija board is a physical device, with letters, and a planchette or pointer. A number of people hold the pointer, and allow a spirit to move the pointer to the letters, which spell out the words. The main problem is it tends to be done as a game, and thus the intention is frivolity, not serious spiritual desire. This allows low level spirits to get attached to the mortals. The other issue is that advanced spirits can't be bothered with such a poor communication device.

In automatic writing, you go into a light trance, and state your intention to communicate with your guide, and ask for a spiritual message. There is no game involved. For some people, the spirit may control the hand, with others they may simply hear the thoughts and write themselves. Many do that on the computer too. Actually we would favour trying to hear thoughts or voices, probably over any method. But most of all your intention is the key issue.

I would not say we promote automatic writing, and if that is the impression given by ONE thread that was started by a visitor, I will have to pull that thread. We are not against automatic writing would be more accurate.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
clarity
Family

Post by clarity »

"promote" was a bad choice of wording on my part. What I meant was that you see it as a perfectly acceptable way for communicating with spirits.

Is a person who uses automatic writing to contact higher spirits protected from attachment of low level spirits. I thinks what my concern is that is the person in control of what type of spirit is channeled through automatic writing, whereas with ouija board it seems to me that low level spirits are allowed througgh without permission. Thank you for the responses.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

clarity wrote:"promote" was a bad choice of wording on my part. What I meant was that you see it as a perfectly acceptable way for communicating with spirits.

Is a person who uses automatic writing to contact higher spirits protected from attachment of low level spirits. I thinks what my concern is that is the person in control of what type of spirit is channeled through automatic writing, whereas with ouija board it seems to me that low level spirits are allowed througgh without permission. Thank you for the responses.

Dear clarity,

Folks who get pedantic about these things generally don't know anything about the dimensions that surround us, and the beings that inhabit them. Whether you "communicate" or not, these beings exist, and it is much more the case of your own personal spiritual level that either attracts, or repels them. You can get obsessed, without ever trying to hear or talk to them. But the only spirits that do obsess, are ex-mortals, and what we certainly advocate, is asking for ANGELIC teachers, not ex-mortals. Perhaps that is the issue you have not paid enough attention to?

Ouija boards have been used safely, when used carefully and with adequate intention and definition of precisely who the individual wishes to contact. But, they do attract low level astral beings. Now the issue of "protection" is tightly aligned with your personal past behaviours and life style. If you have always done your very best to live a life filled with love to all, and you are not an alcoholic, drug abuser, or have any other serious addiction, your guide will always protect you, when you reach out to the spiritual realm. Its even better if you have practised stillness for many years, and your "church" is a daily quiet time with Father. But if you have lived a bad life, perhaps violent at times, materialistic, don't care for any, that same guide will have long since left, and you are on your own. Those sort of people are the ones who play with ouija boards, and think its a game. And they get serious problems.

Now James Padgett chanelled low level dark ex-mortals, because he was helping them to get out of hell. And he was warned, not that they would harm him, because he was protected, but that his rapport with high level spiritual beings would suffer. And it did, such that eventually he could not get messages from even Jesus. So the issues are very complex, even if you are "protected".

So, take our advice, try to connect in meditation, make sure you are serious, and ask for ANGELIC teachers. All spelt out here:

http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15095

love,
Geoff.

love,
Geoff.
clarity
Family

Post by clarity »

Thank you for the clarification Geoff. You response helped me to fill in the gaps I was unsure about.

I've been reading so much lately that at times my head is spinning. It would probably benefit me to slow down a little, however lately I have had the desire to absorb as much of it as I can. Between the Padgett messages, A subaltern in spirit land, and now halfway through gone west... It's all so new to me and while it answers a lot of questions, it also raises a lot of new ones as well.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Clarity,

Yeah its hard to fit it all together. All of these are one view of the mountain of Truth. I suggest developing an in basket, where you park your confusions, and in time the Universe will answer those too.

love,
Geoff.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Geoff wrote:
I suggest developing an in basket, where you park your confusions, and in time the Universe will answer those too.
OH GEOFF!!!!!! That is a WONDERFUL suggestion...THANK YOU!!!!! (I might need to build an addition to my house for the size my basket will need to be! :lol: )
LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

sammy wrote:OH GEOFF!!!!!! That is a WONDERFUL suggestion...THANK YOU!!!!! (I might need to build an addition to my house for the size my basket will need to be! :lol: )
LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Dear Sammy,

Its worked for me for ten years now. No old stuff in that inbasket. It started with reincarnation, as I was a believer, and then read why its physically impossible to achieve, and that stressed me out. Put it into the in basket, where it sat a few months, till I knew it is an illusion.

love,
Geoff.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Hi Geoff!
It started with reincarnation, as I was a believer, and then read why its physically impossible to achieve, and that stressed me out. Put it into the in basket, where it sat a few months, till I knew it is an illusion.
I guess I actually started an in basket a few years ago when I think about it the way you just put it. SO many things that were taught to me as a child (that good ol' Catholic upbringing) are being challenged. I am a VERY open minded individual, but a slow believer. For each new idea I come across I have a thousand questions...it becomes overwhelming quickly...so many things just get shoved aside until "someone" plops it in my lap again.

It might be fun to start cataloging my questions (to see how many pile up and how long it takes for an answer!)

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Okay, I'm going to do an in basket too! I wonder if I should do an out basket? You know, out with the old and in with the new! :bana:

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Mine's turned into a supermarket shopping trolley!
ॐ LOVE Petra
sammy

Post by sammy »

Mine's turned into a supermarket shopping trolley!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

LoL Petra ;) :lol:
A wise man once said, "Today, let's try to be grateful for the small things..."
And at that moment, all was okay.
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Love that new (?) avatar, Kenge! Absolutely.

Your friend,
J :mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hey J :mrgreen: DY! Thank you!! LUV2 Trying to keep smiling even though it's freezing up here! :shaking:

Long time no speak! How's things down there in sunny FL?! :sunny:

Love,
Kenge
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Jodi! Where have you been? It's COLD here, Kenge! I don't have enough cold weather clothes. That should be my biggest problem.

Love, Clare
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Clare, if "cold" is anything above 30 degrees, I'll be knocking on your door tomorrow! lol
That's like summer compared to how I feel when I walk outside lately :lol:

I'll bring you some warm sweaters and blankets when I come! hehe :mrgreen:

Love. ♥
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Hi Kenge. You're right....I forgot how cold it gets "up north". You are welcome to visit beautiful, sunny, south Florida any time!

Love, Clare
mm1111
Family

Post by mm1111 »

This is the first time I have been able to post anything and I am glad because I need some advice. I started to use the ouiji board about a month ago which I have thrown away by Georges advice. I recently discovered why I am seeing 11:11 and 1:11 everyday and have been doing a lot of research. I started to say the Divine Love prayer and after the second day I was "entered" so to say and words that were not mine but from my mouth said " I need something to write with" so I got a pen. I said I was nervous and not sure what to do and the words that wern't mine said "It's ok" with the softest sweetest voice. I was only able to get a couple of letters down.
At 11:11 the other day I asked for some advice on something and again got the feeling to write. I asked the questions and got my yes or no answers. I asked the name of who I was writing with and got "Sey" which at the time thought it to be yes backwards after re-reading it.Today again I got "sey" and when I was talking to my stepson about it the lights started to flicker a lot. I googled "Sey" and found that it can mean Imp which is a small deamon or wicked spirit. It can also mean sing or 1. Needless to say I am very scared now. I have good intent and wish to only speak to my angel. Is it possible it is a bad spirit? I have ordered the AC CD but have fear. George said there is nothing to fear since the lucifer rebellion in the 1980's and "all the bad guys are gone" in an e-mail he sent me. Should I resist the feeling to write? I always felt good after writing and hope for some advice. Thank you ever so much, Maggie.
Follow your heart
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Lola
mm1111
Family

Post by mm1111 »

I just read my post and I actually typed in that Imp meant small deamon. Why was "nice guys" there instead?
Follow your heart
mm1111
Family

Post by mm1111 »

Thanks for link Lola! I sure would feel better knowing it is him. I wonder if it is possible to connect with someone who is still alive. I am very weirded out about what I typed being different. I never wrote "nice guys", has this happened to anyone else on this site?
Follow your heart
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Maggie, that site is a bit confusing. I got the impression that Sey had passed on. But, I doubled checked and he is living.
Lola
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh Maggie...you wrote:
Thanks for link Lola! I sure would feel better knowing it is him. I wonder if it is possible to connect with someone who is still alive. I am very weirded out about what I typed being different. I never wrote "nice guys", has this happened to anyone else on this site?
I'm sorry. Yes it has happened to others, but it is nothing to worry about. That word may be one of the words the admins have automatically edited out by the site software to discourage certain words from being used or in some cases discourage spammers from using the board as a marketing tool. I'll mention it to Geoff when he returns just to make sure. I am sorry for any confusion and embarassment this may have caused you dear lady.

It was late the other night when I saw the posts here and Lola's URL but I wanted to mention that I went to the site and recognized a name from two wonderful books The Yoga of The Christ and Beyond the Himalayas. (They have recently been combined into one volume called Christ in Tibet. They was first published in 1954 and 1955 I think. I think there are reviews of it in the spiritual book section of the site. Anyway your post and Lola's URL have fired my interest once again. :D
Thanks for link Lola! I sure would feel better knowing it is him. I wonder if it is possible to connect with someone who is still alive.

Yes it is possible for some people, the living to connect with the living. The human mind, body and soul are wonderous things. We have only begun to realize the potential we have as children of God.

It isn't possible for me to know for sure who it is that is contacting you Maggie. But you did give certain clues...Firstly, you were repeating the Divine Love prayer...something that is special and beautiful, echoing your inward desires. Secondly, you said " I have good intent and wish to only speak to my angel." Thirdly you said..." I always felt good after writing." And lastly, the flickering lights could actually be seen as a positive thing as our Midwayer friends being electrical beings have been known to flicker lights and streetlights to get our attention. It seems what has caused fear in you is the name you were given and the flickering lights." But it doesn't sound you were fearful at the time of the spiritual experience ...mostly just after the fact. How did you feel at the time you were writing?

Remember... you have control.
So each time before writing or meditating state your intentions and ask for your angels and guides to be with you and allow only beings with your highest good to comunicate with you. I often find peace and comfort by surrounding myself with white Light which I envisage as the breath of God breathing in me and with me and surroundng me with Love and guidance.

If you are fearful do not meditate for awhile. There is no need to rush. God knows our heart and soul and our guides are among the most patient, understanding and gentle friends we will ever meet. They will still be with us when the time is right and we continue our spiritual efforts.

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.