seeing my dead father I know I was awake

A forum for asking questions and talking about angels.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: seeing my dead father I know I was awake

Post by Seeker13 »

Wow, guys!(as we say in the Midwest)

This thread packs a very powerful spiritual and emotional punch! My head is swooning at the revelation of truth, raw emotions and insight.

HR, thank you for relaying Yogi Yogalanda's story. I've been sitting here for several minutes unable to formulate the appropriate words on the impact it had on me...

Sandy, thank you for posting the link of 'A miraculous life of more'. It was so beautifully written... I feel honored to have been able to read it. Seriously, my head is still swooning and the toning in my right ear has been going off nonstop since opening this thread. Must be much here that I need to pay attention to!

Seabee, I'd like to thank you for being so brave in sharing your story. That took a huge amount of courage. Even though it's almost inconceivable to process the amount and scope of death and stressful situations you've experienced. If you could for a moment entertain the perspective, "Perhaps it wasn't by accident YOU were the one who 'happened' to be present at that particular place at that particular moment." I can't tell you how many times myself or one of my family members found themselves at the epicenter of crisis... because we might have been the only ones around to be able to handle it. Although it takes a toll on our emotional health, maybe it wasn't by chance, but design. Right place, right time, to be in possession of the skills needed to facilitate the intended outcome.

As for the intensity of serious situations you've been experiencing(I breathe a heavy sigh of empathy), this is 'The Correcting Time'. It hardly seems fair, but the universe is telling us, "Yes, it's going to be DIFFICULT, that's a given, but it's time to face your stuff." In order for the planet to progress we humans have to clear/deal with all those emotions, actions and situations we've been burying, neglecting and avoiding. Time for all those around us, who we may or may not have been enabling, to finally take personal responsibility for their individual lives.

Being an empath and a receiver in this day and age is both a blessing and a curse. My advice is to weigh carefully your decision to tell the family of the man who contacted you. Depending on where they are emotionally, physically and spiritually, it may be accepted gratefully or angrily rejected. Make sure you are strong enough, spiritually and emotionally balanced enough, to handle their reaction. I've been on the receiving end of both. resulting of me thinking, "It was their message to do with what they will. I'm only the deliverer." Or, "God, this has been all too much, please take away this gift for a while so I may become stronger." Even after asking a person if they want to hear the message, a person's emotions about the death of a loved one can remain tangled and painful for years after the passing. But, then again, perhaps hearing the message, received well or not, could be the catalyst they needed to set them on the road to their own healing, or even better, to begin their spiritual journey.

I know what we've shared here is a lot to process, I for one am grateful for your presence at this site, the sharing of your experiences has enriched our own.

Love to all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seabee.wife.widger
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: PART TWO

Post by Seabee.wife.widger »

<t>The following Friday (July 6th..I think), my dad whom I've not seen or spoken to in 3+ years, drove down to stay with us for the weekend as he had a golf tournament. He arrived about 6pm. My husband works 11a-11p during the week, so I was a bit Leary of being alone with my father. He hugged me at the door & said he's missed me. I welcomed him inside and I made him coffee and we sat at the table making awkward small talk. I forget how we got on the subject, but he told me had been going to church since they moved to care for my grandfather. I was taken back due to his old ways of thinking since I was very young. Well, he then told me that he had been the primary speaker at AA meetings around town. (My dad is a few years clean & sober). He said he felt God speaking through him. Because of the "activity" I've been experiencing over the past few weeks, I was drawn to the conversation..he went out to his truck and brought me a beautiful handmade wooden chapel/church that he & my grandfather made. I was reduced to tears & the conversation stayed at a
Very Spiritual level..Before I knew it, my husband was home from work. (11pm). I went to bed. Around 3-4am I woke up for no apparent reason & rolled over. That is when I saw the man sitting at the side of my bed. At first I thought it was my husband. Then he looked like my father-in-law. Each time I blinked, he appeared older. I was not scared as I've normally been in the last weeks. I asked him who he was as I reached out for him & he faded (misted?) away. I was FULLY awake & very calm/relaxed but in disbelief of what I had just plainly seen. I go to roll over & I said out loud, "I don't know who you are, but I can see you." I laid there for a few minutes trying to go back to sleep..but, I was drawn to investigate and found this site. I suppose what startled me most is that I was not scared. It seemed that suddenly all of the stress with everything in my life was finally making sense. With my kids, my marriage..everything.
Colors were brighter. Loud noises seemed to calm & dissipate. I no longer felt anger or resentment and that's a lot for me. From the ages on 11 through around 21, I suffered (silently) with depression & suicidal thoughts & ideation. NOTHING in my life was calm OR quiet. Working rescue/medic & in the nursing field, I knew "science"..like math, there is ALWAYS a "right answer" or the theory behind the question was wrong. I have always had an internal debate about God. I KNOW HE IS REAL..but because of everything I've taught myself NOT to feel & all I continued to see, it made me question. Violence, anger, hatred, natural disaster, untimely deaths..everything.. I only saw grey. After witnessing my friend commit suicide, I was filled with a numbness that was heavier than I'd ever felt. I realized I was no longer participating in life..

IM SORRY.. I NEED A BREAK. I WILL FINISH THIS SOON. SOMETHING IS FORCING ME TO TELL MY EXPERIENCE. I'VE JUST SUDDENLY BECAME OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTION
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by happyrain »

Dear Seabee,
You are loved, you are beautiful. God wouldn't bless you with these experiences otherwise.

God bless you.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello seabee,
I've been sitting outside thinking about your last post...and noticing, well, taking the time to notice, the way the air smells today... the sounds around me...just now a car passes and there is incessant "bird chatter" as a light engine air plane is heard in the distance (we live close to a small airport). The air feels perfect to my skin...not too hot and not too cold.And I realise as I drift deeper that I am "in the zone"...really participating on "all cylinders"... :) ...What I am experiencing, demonstrates how our thoughts and words can affect someone even from across the great ocean... You just did that with these words...Well you and my relieved celestial teachers." :) ...
I suppose what startled me most is that I was not scared. It seemed that suddenly all of the stress with everything in my life was finally making sense. With my kids, my marriage..everything.
Colors were brighter. Loud noises seemed to calm & dissipate. I no longer felt anger or resentment and that's a lot for me.
YES! I remember that feeling! ...In a strange way your words, heavy with spirit, remind me to be still for a moment and allow an unexplained wisdom as real as the nose on my chubby little face to add impute and emphasis...

I understand why you were concerned at first in sharing your rough story..the effect it might have on some... But as you wrote, I do believe that like your father was explaining to you, that you were being prompted to speak up as well...You may not know why that is for some time or maybe never...yet you did follow through despite your qualms. I want you to know that you have given me encouragement to look a little deeper at the things, though different from your own, that still affect my sense of well being and safety. I am a gifted at this "burying ones feelings...something I learned from way back and can easily tuck away an internal emotional response to what "bites deep."... Yet eventually the "emotional" safety deposit box" gets full and it can leak into areas I once considered safe from emotional threat." :) So I sit outside today tapping on these keys and feeling a deep connection to life in all its many wondrous colours and fabrics...

I too am grateful for your presence on this board...

With love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Seabee,
I've suddenly become overwhelmed with emotion reading your post! It's crazy how seeing the words of others brings so many memories to the surface.
I understand uncomfortable wariness and awkward feelings of being around a father. It seems like your dad's visit may hopefully mark the beginning of healing for both of you. So amazing you were able to have a deep spiritual conversation with him! I'm elated for you!

I'm wondering if your spiritual visitor was an uncle, maybe a grandfather, or influential male figure who has passed? This is the very type of situation they would be working so hard to influence and bring about. His appearance to you, maybe an affirmation of that.

Healing and forgiveness are paramount for moving forward spiritually.

Thank you for being courageous and sharing.

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.