Prayers for my son

Post any prayer or healing requests here.
vivrider
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Prayers for my son

Post by vivrider »

Hi everyone,

I'm so sad, I just can't stop crying today. I've mentioned my son Danny before. He's had hospitalizations for depression and has a diagnosis of PTSD. He always struggles, but has been pretty stable lately. He has been seeing a wonderful therapist almost weekly for the past 3 years. A few weeks ago she told us that she is changing positions and can no longer see him. Today was his last session with her, and it happened to be on his 18th birthday. Every friend Danny has ever had has abandoned him. He does online school and rarely leaves the house. Going to see Rachel was the only reason he ever wanted to go anywhere. I'm sure he feels abandoned by her, and he has no interest in trying to start therapy with someone else. Why would he, his trust has been broken again. I am feeling so lost. I don't know how I'm going to take care of Danny without her help. He's spending his 18th birthday lying in bed. It's also triggering terrible memories for me because my daughter Cara spent her 18th birthday in the psych hospital after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I don't understand why my kids have to struggle so much. I feel like a failure as a mother. Please pray for Danny to heal, and for me to know what to do. Thank you.

Vivian
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Prayers for my son

Post by Sandy »

Dear Vivian,
I'm so sorry... for Danny and for you.... It isn't easy being a mother, and as a mom I can understand why you would want to blame yourself, but in reality, troubles of the mind can manifest regardless of good or bad parenting.... My kids are going through something similar with my eldest grandson. Bless him, he's only seven and showing signs of a possible bi polar problem.

I can't get the image out of my mind...Danny alone on his bed overwhelmed with abandonment and disappointment. My heart aches for him. I'll pray for him and for you too, Viv.... for guidance and wisdom.
Sending love and energy and hope and pray Danny finds his peace and a new dependable and understanding therapist.

Love you, hang in there...
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hello Vivian,

You and your son are in my prayers. May God Bless Danny and send him an army of angels by his bedside to heal and befriend. May you find peace and see Danny smiling as he and you both heal. What a beautiful Mother you are, I pray for a wholesome resolution and a clearance of energy.

Kind regards.
HR.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Oh Viv,
I'm crying right along with you, for you and Danny. I've been thinking about you this week, hoping you were well. :kiss:

It's so easy when in the middle of it to feel overwhelmed and hopeless. Let your feelings flow I say. Eighteen is not an easy age for anyone these days, especially so for those kids with extra heaped on their shoulders. Unfortunately we cannot fix it, but we can remind them they are not alone. It is really a double whammy this happened on his birthday.

And it's natural as parents with kids who struggle, to feel like failures. If you weren't the best kind of parent, you wouldn't feel so badly for your kids when they're hurting, and wouldn't be suffering right along with them.

Take care dear friend, the sun will rise tomorrow and hopefully bringing with it answers to the prayers flowing to you and your family.

Very much love, :loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Sandy, Kim and HR,

Thank you for your loving words and support. Today was better. Danny said he might try therapy again but he wants to take a break for a while. Thank you for your prayers and I'll keep praying to and hopefully someday life won't be so hard for him.

Love,

Vivian
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Viv,
:kiss:
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Lightened717
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Post by Lightened717 »

Praying for you and family, Viv. :hugs:
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Viv,

I am late to this thread, but will certainly add your son to my prayers.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

As this new week begins, I am thinking of you and Danny, Viv and sending love. :kiss:

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Thank you everyone. Yesterday we had a nice family dinner to celebrate all the January birthdays. It was so nice and Danny spent time with us. In the past he has mostly stayed in his room when we get together so that was wonderful.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Viv,
That's so nice to hear, baby steps right? Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Well, other than pray for you of course.

All my love to you and your family,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed such a happy time together. We keep you close in thought and heart, Viv.
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Yes that really is great news.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Viv!
Hope things are going well for you, Danny and your daughter.

Kim