Anyone help with prayers of love & healing please...?

Post any prayer or healing requests here.
Rizbizz
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Anyone help with prayers of love & healing please...?

Post by Rizbizz »

My brother-in-law was recently diagnosed with diabetes. He is not a very active person, and doesn't want to take an active role in his care. He depends on my sister to "figure everything out" (make his meals, dole out his medication, take him to the doc, etc.) although he is in his early 40's and is the father of 5 kids, ages 3-15 years. My sister is so exhausted, frustrated, and overwhelmed because their children started school this week and she is trying so hard to take care of everything, including her demanding husband. She is so worried that Travis' health will deteriorate, and that if she loses him, she will be left to raise their kids alone. Please send her some love & support, so that she can feel God's loving arms around her at this time. And pray that Trav's eyes will be opened to the seriousness of his condition and take a more active approach to his care, and that he will appreciate his loving and supportive wife. God bless them both, and all of you that can relate to the hardships of sickness and caring for someone who is ill. I wish you all God's love, patience, and support. Thank you! Amen. Aho.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Anyone help with prayers of love & healing please...?

Post by Sandy »

I hear you, Rizzbiz...my George is also battling type 2 diabetes. It is easy in the early stages to not realize the seriousness of Diabetes because it seems sort of symptom less in the beginning... But being progressive it causes all kinds of bad things in the body as time goes by and it isn't controlled. Your sister and her husband are in my prayers and I hope and pray that together they can work as a team to control and even beat this disease.

It is good to see you again :sunflower: and hope you are experiencing more blessings then you can count.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Rizbizz
New Friend

Post by Rizbizz »

Sandy, thank you so much for your response! I appreciate that you said you know of this condition through experience. I am so sorry to hear that, but at the same time it gives me hope that you and George are coping. Just knowing that you responded and that you are praying makes me feel like someone cares. Thank you so much for that. I love my sister and hope that she and her husband can get through this stronger than ever. I appreciate the 11:11 forum and get so much out of the daily emails. I continue in faith, I thank you and wish God's most abundant blessings for you. <3 Carolyn
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((Carolyn))))))

Yes, sweetie, I understand what your sister is going through. In fact, my Dad too was just diagnosed with type 2 as well as my own sister's husband. In the later, he seems disinterested in taking the necessary changes that will control the progression of the disease. :? But it really is manageable with proper nutrition. I read a book a couple years ago by Dr. Cousins who has been working with Diabetes patients for something like 40 years and he has reversed and even healed the condition with diet. (And it didn't take weeks to see the results.) In mere days most of his patients who underwent the dietary changes and increased their movement and exercise were able to drastically lower their diabetes medication and eventually needed none at all. I must say it is quite the change, though.... fresh organic vegetables, fruit, nuts seeds and lots of sprouts and for a year or two none of the dangerous foods, the grains, and heavy starches. The point is these raw foods seem to give the body the tools needed to heal the damage and in many cases the pancreas begins to produce the proper amount of insulin again. Well, something like that. Been awhile since I read the book which is quite "doctorie" and slightly over my head. :mrgreen:

Oh well, I think it will help when we really begin to see sugar as the addictive substance it is. :( (spoken by a sugar addict :) )

Would you mind if I had your sister's first name? It will help me in the prayers.

Oh and I almost forgot, I wanted to give you a couple URLs on the board that have healthy recipes. Amigo, a wonderful cook, started it and he too understands what you are going through as his wife had diabetes. He wanted to share some healthy recipes there so you might find something good for your own family on those pages.

UB COOKING INDEX
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25071

UB COOKING
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25032

And (I just keep going on don't I? LOL) another old time member on the board who was studying to be a doctor and almost there, recommended these books when he discovered George had diabetes... They are written by a husband and wife team who both are doctors. and they have written other books on this subject too.

"The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook by Michael R. Eades, M.D. and Mary Dan Eades, M.D.

...and this was helpful too
"500 More Low-Carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender

It is hit and miss with recipes you like or dislike but I found some real winners in these books. I must say though that I just can't make a decent loaf of low carb bread. So we have opted to buy low GI High fiber bread or rolls when we want something like that.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Hang in there Carolyn, and let's keep prayin, eh? :love
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Rizbizz
New Friend

Post by Rizbizz »

Thank you so much for your informative reply. I send the info and links to my sister, Karen. (Yeah, what were my parents thinking naming us so close...Carolyn/Karen. Of course, as parents do, they always went through all of our names (brothers' names included) until they got to the right one. ;)

My sister is very conscious about what she eats already, and has tried to incorporate her habits into the household. She follows a type of "Atkins" diet with very low carb and little sugar. She has also done a lot of research since Trav's diagnosis, and the burden is on her to 'figure things out' for him. Travis was also in the practice of stopping to get a fast-food breakfast on the way to work, as well as a quick lunch later in the day. That with his sedentary lifestyle (lots of video games), doesn't help his medical issues. I think he believes that he can just take his medicine and eat what he normally eats, and he will be fine. Meanwhile, my sister is absolutely overwhelmed with trying to run the household, take care of 5 children, and managing his care. My prayers are as much for her as anything. Travis is embarrassed about the diagnosis and told my sister not to tell anyone. but as her only sister, she shared her concerns with me. I will be going down to GA to see her next week so will have a more accurate picture of what's really going on. I thank you so much for your concern, the links you provided, and the helpful tips and information. You have always come through in the past and I appreciate you so much, Sandy. I will continue to pray for George, your dad and your brother-in-law as well. God bless you all!
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning Carolyn,
I'm hoping your week is starting on a good note.

You wrote:
Thank you so much for your informative reply. I send the info and links to my sister, Karen. (Yeah, what were my parents thinking naming us so close...Carolyn/Karen. Of course, as parents do, they always went through all of our names (brothers' names included) until they got to the right one. ;)
You are so welcomed. And I smile because you are so right, my parents did the same thing with my siblings especially with me and my three sister. We sound very much alike on the phone so my poor Dad always managed to say the name that was right at the end of the string of names...no matter which of us he was talking too. :lol: That changed a bit for a short while when I first came over here and was picking up George's Dutch English accent as my own. :oops: But in the end I'm afraid the Southern accent won hands down ...so much in fact that it has twanged George's accent a little bit. :roll: :)

Travis truly has no reason to be embarrassed as diabetes is a fight shared by millions and millions of people all over the world. The numbers of growing because our our abandonment, in many cases, of whole food... substituting processed and junk food that fills us up but does nothing for our nutrition. There is ever growing evidence that fresh, organic, uncooked fruits and vegetables that still possess all of their enzymes play an important role in our disease fighting capabilities. I believe this lifestyle, (raw vegan) might take a bit to change over to as we are so used to our diet as it is...what we grew up eating... Yet, I believe too that we can make the change and even enjoy it in time as we reap the benefits of renewed vigor and health. However, with all that said, George and I are still struggling with our own diet , but I am thinking that even switching in part... buying more organics when possible... eating more fresh salads, heaped with fresh sprouts and fruits, switching to unprocessed salt, watching the type of fat we consume... walking, dancing, or doing whatever movement, exercise, sport you like that will help strengthen our muscles and bones. and a little bit is better then none at all.
I am discovering this exercise thing as important since I am aging and now nearing sixties. I was never much of an exerciser in the middle of my life and could always find reasons to let it go and do other things. Yet I can tell you that it is not as easy to revive old muscles that have been long dormant. So if you are still young please keep moving, keep strengthening your muscles and lungs. It is never to late to change to an exercise routine but one must be gentle and careful as we become seniors. So its walking for me and perhaps if I can get over my embarrassment... dancing... (I have three left feet :mrgreen: :) ) Oh well, even so, it's still fun. :mrgreen:

Well I will continue to pray for Karen, Travis, and family and I hope you will share when you can what you sister learns as she works towards this healthy lifestyle... something that may very well benefit all of us. :finger:

Love,
Sandy