Prayers for our George

Post any prayer or healing requests here.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Prayers for our George

Post by Sandy »

Hello friends and family,
It is rather late here and I am scrambling to get done all that needs done tonight asking for prayers and alerting friends and colleagues of George's illness among many other things.. A couple days ago he was plagued by what he thought was a migraine until he began to also exhibit garbled speech and difficulty understanding simple commands. I took him to our local hospital where they tried to evaluate him as to whether the trouble was the result of a stroke or a nasty infection. They still do not know and are running cat scans, MRI and x-rays at Wollongong hospital where he was moved today. He is also running a high fever with slight pneumonia in his lungs. Anyway, I hope to know more tomorrow. But please, please pray for him, for healing and support and faith.

He is my world... and I can't imagine life without him. Thank you for all you do. :kiss:
With Love
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Prayers for our George

Post by Geoff »

Dear Sandy,

I have sent him healing and will keep him in my thoughts. Please feel free to ask me to come down if you need me to help you in some way.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Sending prayers to George... Love to you both :kiss:

Love Sarah

xxxxx
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Georgegarbonzo
New Friend

Post by Georgegarbonzo »

Dear Sandra, Keeping you both in my thoughts. I pray for healing and comfort to George and you, I wish Peace for your family. We know he has the best medical coverage on the planet. Stay strong, think healing thoughts. Love is healing Love is kind. The Biesheuvel family sends Love for the Barnard family. Peace be with you all
justintime
New Friend

Post by justintime »

Praying For George Right Now .
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

From Sandy on Facebook about 11pm Sat night:
Oh my!!!!! I just have the best news! You guys and your prayers and healing are just the absolute best... So bear with me and let me begin at the beginning of this day. First, I walk into George’s room this morning and he looks up at me and with a big ole smile says, “I couldn’t talk.” My mouth hung open for a few minutes and he demonstrated that he could move his right arm a bit (still a little sluggish but he couldn’t move it at all yesterday.) I was shown that both his legs were normal and He could understand and answer (slowly) many assessment questions poised at him. Then much to my surprise, after lunch I am walking back up to the room and there is this gray haired gentlemen cautiously manoeuvring on shaky legs down the hallway and by golly when I got closer it was our George!!!! He is feeding himself...and tonight ate all his moist and soft supper all by himself and his blood sugar is exactly where it is supposed to be. There you go! I must serve him hospital meals at home. LOL Anyway I am on cloud nine tonight and ever so grateful to all of you and to the awesome Creator of us all. What a difference a day makes. Thank you so much for having our back in prayer and healing and for sharing so much love. We are so blessed. I feel like I am being a little greedy but if you can spare a few more prayers on his behalf it would be a blessing as he still has a way to go. I will try to do a better job updating you as there is progress. Love you guys! xxx heart emoticon
Oh yes, almost forgot.... George sends his love and sincere gratitude for the wonderful well wishes and prayers. He feels so blessed.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

And another one from FaceBook:
Sandy wrote:I have wonderful news tonight. George has made absolutely, positively incredible progress overnight and throughout the day. The nurses and staff are quite amazed as they thought he would make progress but slow and steady progress not a complete in your face kind of progress. He is talking now...a little sluggishly as he fights for the words and understanding of the words but when you consider less then 24 hours ago he couldn't say a thing...Wow! His right side is catching up with the left with both legs showing the same strength and the right arm which he couldn't move at all yesterday is coming along nicely. George fed himself at lunch and supper tonight and much to my surprise has been able to get up and walk on his own with only a conscientious nurse hovering close beside him. His pneumonia is gone too ( I believe), but he does need more oxygen in his blood to help prevent it from reoccurring so they are encouraging him to breath deeply through his nose while inhaling extra oxygen. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for George during this stressful time. We are so grateful to every single one of you! Your prayers are very powerful as you channel Divine Love and healing. Thank you Divine Father for walking with us during this last bit of shakey path. I truly know beyond a shadow of a doubt we never walk alone... xxx heart emoticon
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Sending healing ongoing with love and hope flowing out to you and to George, Sandy....
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Sandy and George,
Just visited Facebook and saw message about George! Adding my prayers to the mix!

Love you both :loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dear Sandy & George, we are thinking of you and certainly praying for George's full recovery.

LOVE to you both always xxxxx Pet, Phil, Thalia, Mathilda and Manny xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Any new updates! Praying for you both.

Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Had a Skype yesterday with Sandy. Dear soul was really looking tired. George continues to mend, but it sounds as though the doctors are not telling either of them anything. I explained that they will try to keep George in hospital even when he thinks he is fine, because the risk of another stroke is highest in the first week, but takes about three months before it reduces to "standard" risk. Also it would be good to know where the arterial blockage is. And how bad it is. And as far as I know, George is automatically disqualified from driving until a neurologist certifies him again. But its excellent news George is making strong signs of recovery.

hugs
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

God Bless you all!!! I have been swimming over my head this past week and sometimes didn't know if I was going or coming but I am ever so grateful to all of you and the prayers and healing you offer my "special man." Thank you Geoff for keeping the thread updated for me and I apologize for not making it back here earlier...

George sends his love and gratitude to each of you. He has come far in a weeks time. I was just thinking earlier it was a very scary picture a week ago...and in reading in the stroke information given to me at the hospital, 1 in 5 people who have a stroke do not make it. I was so shocked and so grateful that George is still with us.

Today we worked on little therapy for his right hand and fingers and in strengthening his legs and balance. There is movement and a little strength in that hand but it doesn't want to work like he wants it too. He also has trouble writing with his left hand... whether that is a strength issue or something else...not sure???? I'm discovering that there is quite a process going on inside us that allows us to move talk etc. Our bodies truly are awesome. He has walked around the ward several times today and had a shave (from me ..the poor thing) and cannot wait until tomorrow when he will get a full shower and shampoo to remove the EEG residue. He is in pretty good spirits and is determined to come home by Sunday. Bless him. But in reality they will most likely send him to a rehab center in Port kembla. Please pray for his peace of mind if you can as well as his physical impairments.

Oh we had the most wonderful surprise today, A lovely man, Bernie Belarski, visited him this morning and brightened his day. Bernie actually lives less then a half hour away and is/has been active in the Urantia Book Foundation Australia and Internationally. I had been feeling a bit alone and a little frightened for a few days but was remininded that we are all one. We are all connected...humans with celestials alike.
....and the kindness of strangers has been awesome (for the most part LOL) :happy

Well, I could rattle on but will spare you for now...Thank you for your love and support. It means the world to us.

We love each and every one of you very much! :kiss:
Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Sandy,
Thanks for the update, it all sounds encouraging. :finger: Please allow yourself to get some rest! Send George our love, we'll continue to send positive thought s and healing to both of you. :bana: :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :love :bana: :bana: :bana:

Love,
Kim

nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:loves
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I stayed a little later tonight, getting home just before dark...but wanted everyone to know that George had a good day. His Occupational Therapist came by and helped me work on his right hand a bit. Then she put electrodes on his forearm and it was absolutely fascinating to see that his arm could move perfectly normal with the electric buzz on the muscles occurring. THey are doing this to stimulate the muscles and encourage the "pathways." It seemed to have helped a little as he was actually using his right hand to feed himself tonight.

All this makes him pretty tired but he was in good spirits when I left him tonight. They may release him to a rehab center in a few days. I want him home but know this is the best for him and his best chance to recover fully. Thank you for the love and the awesome prayers that have done given us so much peace as we face this latest crisis.
Love you all,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Any new updates?

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello all you wonderful people,
At this stage there isn't a whole lot to report. The doctors are being very thorough with him and want to make sure he is medically sound before releasing him to a little time in rehab. How long that will be???? I don't know for sure, but I can tell you we so look forward to the day when we are both back together again. It was hard today telling him goodbye as he waved and winked. I thought about turning around and going back but would have made it even harder...especially for him.

So here I sit alone tonight as my head nods towards the keyboard every once in awhile. At least "Stewie", our rabbit, nipping at my heals, keeps me awake and moderately focused.

I may have more tomorrow. As they may do a dye test to determine the extent of the blockage in the arteries of his neck.

In the meantime, I thank you all for your patience with me/us and those wonderful sustaining prayers.

Love to all of you!
Sandy
Swedishblue
Old Friend

Post by Swedishblue »

:shock: I'm so sorry to be late in wishing George a speedy recovery. He sounds as though he's making fantastic progress, and the team of experts are doing a very good job. Sandy, it's very stressful and you need to take care of yourself too remember! :love So make sure while he's being cared for in hospital/rehab you take some time out and be kind and caring to yourself. How'dya do that? I'm not sure. I would insist friends invite me around for supper/cups of tea :baby , visit spiritually uplifting places :sunflower: , do mindful exercises...whatever keeps you strengthened and resilient. It's very tough coping with the shock of it, and it will catch up with you. All I will say is George is making brilliant improvements in rehab. Keep it up boy! You provide him the emotional support and love, and the therapists get to work on his deficits. It's wonderful to hear that he's doing so well now.

Prayers to you and George.

Love, Anya xx

Will email you immediately!! xx
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

I hope all is well, I just saw snippets in the forum but I didn't kno George had a stroke. Prayers go out o him
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Atsguy, :)
Thankfully, George is making an awesome recovery and is home now and traveling for rehab several times a week for a month or so. He's still having a bit of trouble with his right hand but everything else has come back good. It was very scary the first few days but with lots of prayer and celestial help he turned around remarkably. This episode wound up being a strange kind of blessing in disguise as the doctors discovered a very blocked carotid artery while looking for a potential culprit. G has surgery for that on March 14th and is doing well recovering with that too.

How have you been? Nice to hear from you!... and we so appreciate your prayers. :happy
Love and God bless,
Sandy